MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

My dad

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    KWJ

He passed away yesterday. Liek so many others he got an infection in his blood. He was dmitted Sunday and the antibotics seemed to be working and he really perked up and was better. Then yesterday he took a turn and had to entabated. Turns out he had bllod in his lungs a condition that happens with super low platelets he was at 7,000 all weekend. No hope then and then in minutes he took matters in his own hands and his heart slowed and then stopped. My heart is broken.

BUt he was all done fighting and that my brain understnds. The Zarnestra was working for him, we just got to it to late. So please if you have AML and no other options give it a try.

Thank you for helping when you could – I appreciate it and learned a lot here. Good luck with your fights.

Alice S
    Participant

Sorry to read your news, even though your ‘brain’ understands, the pain is still the same. Remember the good times and know in your heart that your father is in a better place and free from pain. May it comfort you to know that there are people out here who will be praying for you.
    Alice

eve

so very sorry to hear about your loss – words can’t heal your broken heart, but good memories can ease the pain – hang on to all those good memories

eve

Caroline

Dear KWJ,

I am sorry for your loss. I will continue to keep you in my prayers.

Blessings,
    Caroline

willie

KWJ I am very sorry for the loss of your father.
    Willie

pigduck

Hi KWJ,

My thoughts are with you.

My dad is now going through exactly what your dad went through … he’s got a bacterial infection in the blood, his platelet count is 6…

He’s also on antibiotics and responding well to it at the moment too…

But reading what your dad went through, we can never take anything for granted…

Thank you for still having a positive spirit.

Engel

Dear KWJ,
    My prayers are with you and your family. It is very painful and you will question yourself many times, I know, my husband died on Oct. 7, 06, had MDS in Jan. 06, turned AML in April comlete remission for all of four months. Could never get back into remission, AML took his life. The only way to survive is to remember they are with God and are at peace. Blessings to you and your family, Gloria

Karen 2112

Hi KWJ,

I am so sorry for your loss. I know what you are going through. Your heart must my hurting so much. It will be a difficult time and so unfortunate too. You will feel him around in time when he has the strength. Grieve when you have to, cry when you want.

My heart and thoughts go out to you and your family and friends.

Kindest thoughts,
    Karen

Jack_dup1

I am sorry you and your family have to endure this awful experience. Although my father died many years ago, he is with me in my dreams and it always seems so real, the wonderful memories only get better, but the bad ones seem to fade with time. I hope this makes some sense.
    Jack

patti

KWJ (it feels weird to write that!),

I’m so sorry. This was such a fight to get something to work for your dad. I’m sorry you’re going through this. It doesn’t matter how much we think we prepare ourselves for losing a parent, it just doesn’t compare with what it feels like to actually lose them.

Thinking of you during this time….

patti

shirlsgirl

KWJ,

I am so sorry about your Dad. Please know that my thoughts are with you and your family…

Jody

Russ P.

KWJ,
    Prayers and condolences to you and your family.
    This life is just a journey to a better place. We can only love one another as God loves us.

gemloyear

K. My prayers are with you and your family.
    Ellie

KWJ

Thanks everyone. Reality has set in now. Harder than ever. I am taking it one day at a time thatis all I can do.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert