MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

My Dad…..

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board My Dad…..

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Author
    Bec

Dear Kathryn,

My heart aches for you and your family. Your
    Dad sounded like such a special man. Those of us with special Dad’s are so blessed to have had them. My prayers will remain with you.

Bec

covergirl

Kathryn,
    Prayers and good thoughts to you and your family. Thanks for sharing your father’s MDS journey with us.

Cheryl

Missy

Kathryn ~

I want to send my condolences on your loss of your Father. It is so very hard to lose a parent. I haven’t posted to the forum in quite some time, but I do pop in every once in a while just to keep up on how everyone is. I lost my Mother Dec 8, 2004. The first few months were really hard for me, but time does help somewhat, as I am sure people will tell you. I do miss my Mother dearly. It all happened too fast and I was not ready for her to go. I have many cherished memories of the times with my Mother. May your memories of your Father keep you strong and help to get you through the coming days. Take care.
    Missy

Mom (76) diagnosed with Refractory Cytopenia with Multilineage Dysplasia (Aug 2004) – Went to Heavenly Home Dec 8, 2004

kristyk

Dear Kathryn
    I am thinking of you. Prayers and thoughts with you always.

Kristy

gemloyear

Kathryn, My sincere sympathy and prayers are with you and your family.
    Ellie

shirlsgirl

Dear Kathryn,

I’m so sorry. My deepest sympathies to you and your family. Your Dad sounded like an incredible person. May your memories of him give you comfort.

Thinking of you and your family at this very sad time.

Jody

Jimbob

Kathryn,
    Sorry to hear about your Dad. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Jim

Kathy TN

Kathryn-

Thoughts and prayers for you and your family – my heart breaks for you.

Kathy G

PAG2005

Kathryn,

I’m so sorry to hear of your loss. You and your family are in my prayers for peace and strength during this difficult time. Your dad was blessed with a very compassionate and kind daughter. Pat

Sandy L

Hi Kathryn,

Sorry about your loss. Hold on to all your wonderful memories. I hope you won’t find it too painful to keep up with this group. I look forward to your posts – you always give so much support and wisdom to others.

Keeping you in my prayers.

Kathryn

Hey everyone, I appreciate your thoughts & prayers so much. My father’s memorial service was truly beautiful… it really honored my father’s life. At the end of the service a couple of his bandmates from one of the big bands that he played (sax & clarinet) with played Amazing Grace on an alto & a soprano sax. Not a dry eye in the church! Also the Atlanta Journal did an article about him and his life. He would be so embarrassed…. he was such a humble man.

It still doesn’t seem real… I have a confused mixture of emotions ranging from a deep heartbreak to a sense of peace for his peace… I just miss him so… Regardless of what my heart feels, I want and need to keep up with you all. You all have been a part of my daily thoughts & prayers for 4 months now and that just doesn’t stop…If I can help anyone or at least one of you w/ what I have learned through our experience, then that is so good… I don’t want it all to be for nothing.

Well, thanks again for everything…

XO,

Kathryn

Viewing 11 posts - 16 through 26 (of 26 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert