MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

My Daddy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    KP2112

Hi Everyone,

I have not been on the site as much as I used to but I still browse to see how you are all doing. Keep fighting.

Today, it has been 1 year since my Dad has passed. I miss him and love his kind gentle heart and soul more than words could express. He will be in my heart forever.

Funny thing this morning just before I awake I say him standing coming towards me asking ‘what are you doing?’ then I woke up. It was a nice way to start off this day of many sad memories.

Please be well my friends, stay positive and give and keep your heart open to love.

Kind regards to all,
    Karen

Kathy G

Karen – I understand completely. Some days are still very difficult and I feel like it was just yesterday I was talking to my Dad. Life will never be the same and I don’t think a day has gone by that he hasn’t been on my mind.

Kathy

Karen,
    I am the same and seem to come and browse the site looking for some good news for others. It has been 3 months and I was just saying this summer seems to be a blurr. Sometimes I catch myself thinking he’s on vacation and there are times when I think he would know the answer and if he didn’t he would always find it for me, even though I’m 37 years old, I still turned to him for information. I worked with him and miss the daily hello’s what are you doing this weekend? I know we will all make it through this horrible feeling, it just feels like there is so much time left and he won’t be apart of those memories and that makes me sad.

I’m glad you got a sign from your dad saying he was fine, and what a great day to have one. Please know you are in all of our thoughts.

Kirsten

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert