MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

My Husband with MDs and now back in FL

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board My Husband with MDs and now back in FL

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Rose Palazzolo
    Participant

My husband had two rounds of chemo injections. The week before the third round was to begin we went to his doctor. She took one look at my husband and said the chemo was NOT working, we should get on a plane and go back to Florida and get set up with hospice!!! She said 12 – 15 weeks! Needless to say we were both in shock! His health had gone down hill, counts low, he had gout, couldn’t walk and slept for 23 hours a day! He got two units of blood and we flew home. That Friday we met with his Florida doctor for the first time. I felt like he never read any reports from NY doctor. He said he could live for years with MDs. He was going to start prednisone and injections of Procrit. My husband seemed better, but “quality of life” is very different. He went on Monday for blood work and first shot. Went back following week, met another doctor, that didn’t seem to know anything about his case, again!!! He told my husband “you do NOT have pain with this disease and his leg and hip and joint pain is from his BACK”!!! So I called the foundation and have an appointment at a Cancer Center in Miami. I just need another opinion or at least have two doctors agree on a treatment plan and prognosis. My husband doesn’t do anything but sit in recliner to couch to bed and repeat! He has lost 40 pounds, runs a fever on and off about once a week. I don’t know. Is this the end or is this just the beginning of the rest of his life??? I’m at a loss.
    Rose

Sherry Pratt
    Participant

Rose,
    Plese email me at pratt8075@aol.com
    Sherry

Rose Palazzolo
    Participant

Sherry
    Sent you an email this morning.
    Rose

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert