MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

New Clinical Trial for MDS

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board New Clinical Trial for MDS

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    PAG2005

Hi,

My mom has AML and secondary MDS so I try to keep up with new clincial trials. I just found this new clinical trial for MDS.

http://clinicalstudies.info.nih.gov/cgi/detail.cgi?A_2006-H-0062.html

My mom participated in clinical trial with PR1 Peptide vaccine at MD Anderson this past year. The vaccine has put about 3 people into remission from active AML. My mom was in remission when she received the vaccine with the hope that it will keep her in remission longer.
    The clinical trial she participated in has been closed but I believe it will be reopened or they will start a Phase III trial. She had no bad side effects from the vaccine, just some redness at the injection site.

This new clinical trial is combining the PR1 peptide with WT1.

Here is the clinical trial my mom participated in:

http://www.cancer.gov/clinicaltrials/MDA-DM-97325

Some information about the vaccine.

http://www.cancerwise.org/February_2005/…yFull&color=red

I hope they find success with this vaccine. Pat

shirlsgirl

Hi Pat,

Thanks for letting us know about the clinical trial, sounds promising! Glad that it helped your mom. Wishing your mom continued success and good health! smile

Take care,

Jody

Jody

Did everybody miss this????…It’s really bigger than Revlimid!!!!!!!!

FOLLOW THE LINKS!

sugarwhale

Dear PAG2005–and Jody,
    We sure didn’t miss it! I could feel my blood pressure change when I read this! Wow. Hey, thanks!
    ~~~ Janet

gemloyear

Hi Pat, I’m glad that the vaccine worked for your Mom.I hope it will be long lasting and she will be in remission for a long time to come. I recall that someone posted about a vaccine that M.D. Anderson was working on a few months back, was this the one? It seems so promising, it may help many people. thanks for the info.
    Ellie

PAG2005

Hi Ellie,

Barbra Greene posted about the MD Anderson vaccine last year but her husband wasn’t eligible. We started looking into the trial around the same time. I’ve heard that the trial will be available in more hospitals soon. Pat

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert