MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

new here

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    genew

i just found this site several days ago and i am so glad. i had started to think i was the only one with this. it is a long long time trying to get well. now on vidaza. some times ok others not. sick a lot.
    just a thank you to everyone for the information

Terri

Welcome Genew where in Florida are you. Bob just started his 6th round for this time- He did six last year, blast got down to normal so Doctor stopped, He hung in there for 7 months and the blast started increasing again. So he is now on the Vidaza again, however the doctor is trying to find a Mtc point for him as far as the time in between rounds. Bobs counts are staying pretty stable.

Do you take any anti nausea meds while on the Vidaza. It helps

God Bless

sarah

Hi, Genew welcome to Forum. What classification of MDS do you have? You will find a wealth of information here and everyone is so very helpful. You are not alone!
    Take care,
    Sarah

Suzanne

Genew, welcome, sorry you went through feeling you were the only one. There are quite a few of ustalking to each other here. The support and information sharing is great. Do let us know more about what type of MDS you have, how old you are, Primary symptoms and whether you have been to a center of excellence for advice, etc. .

KP2112

Genew,

When I first joined this forum, I first noticed the care people exhibit to those seeking answers or to those that just want to talk. I am sure you will find support and useful information and resources from this site.

Karen

Marsha

Genew,

Welcome aboard, it is unfortunate that you had to come here but glad u found us. Lots of support here.

God Bless, Marsha

covergirl

Genew,
    Welcome. I am new to this forum and MDS. There are a lot of nice and wonderful people on this forum with great info and different perspective than medical staff will give you. Its been helpful to me and I’m sure you will find it a GODsend of support and care.

Kathryn

Welcome, I kind of felt the same way before someone directed me here. You definitely are not alone! Info. or support or both are now only a click away!!!

W/best wishes,

Kathryn

doreen

Genew, Its unfortunate that we have to meet this group of wonderful people in this way but they are wonderful and so supportive. Never feel like you cannot ask or express anything here. Best of luck to you.

genew

Thank all of you this is the first time back in awhile as i have not been feeling well. Have to wait another week before getting vidaza. Will be a four weeks late. dont want to go back to blood transfusions again. Will see. i am taking Zofran ODT. Call it my magic pill. Thank all of you again.

Terri

genew that is what Bob takes for the nausea he takes it before we leave the house to go to the drs for the Vidaza

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert