MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

New update

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board New update

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Carrie

Dad went for blood counts today and they’re still pretty low but he didn’t need any transfusions. He will be going for more counts on Saturday.

He’s meeting with his oncologist on Tuesday.

Since Tuesday he’s been on vancomycin because he has c-difficile and the Flagyl he is on has not been working to get rid of it. Not sure how serious that is. Anyone else know?

Just wanted to share the latest with people who understand.

Thanks for “listening”,
    Carrie

Suzanne

Wow some new names I never heard of. Guess there are all kinds of infections hiding out there just waiting for people with compromised immune systems. Hope the new meds work

mommachkate

Hi Carrie,
    Just like Suzanne, I never heard of this names either? I hope he is getting the right treatment and getting better soon. Please let us know. Best wishesKate

Terri

Carrie Hope things start going well,
    God Bless
    Terri

CMH64

Carrie,

My husband had C-diff during the transplant process. Flagyl worked for him. Nasty stuff that C-diff. Troy was miserable. It is a very common intestinal infection caused by another of those little guys that we all have all the time but usually don’t get aquainted with. I hope the vanco takes care of it and he is on the mend soon. Cathy
    ————————————————-
    husband Troy, 59, dx AML M4 12/03, Induction, fungal infection skin and lungs, remission, four
    consolidations, MRSA sepsis infection, kidney damage and dialysis, relapse dx CMML 8/04,
    related allo SCT, 11/04, remission, still on dialysis and doing well

B. Greene

Vancomycin is the do all miracle drug so it should work. C-dif common, usually picked up in hospital. When the immune system is low the body can’t fight it off. They say we all have these things but keep them all in check by being healthy. Easily transmitted. Should be cleard up within a week or two with the med. Hope it is quicker. Ron always picked it up as well as the other one I can’t think of right now everytime he was in the hospital when his counts bottomed out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert