MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Night Sweats

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Night Sweats

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Michael Busalaki
    Participant

Hi i was diagnosed with MDS about 8 months ago. I am sixty years old and at this time it is only effecting my red blood cells. I have been getting blood transfusions about every 4 weeks when i drop into the sevens. I still feel pretty good i work everyday and workout 5 times a week. The last couple of weeks i have been experiencing severe night sweats about three to four times a week. I don’t see the Dr for another two weeks. My question is this common with MDS does it mean it is progressing. Thank you for any help.

Donna
    Participant

Hi Michael……..I have been followed for low WBC for several years. My first biopsy showed CCUS (clonal cytopenia of unsignificant significance). I was watch and wait for suspected MDS for about a year and a half. Then my 2nd bone marrow biopsy showed MDS with multi linear dysplasia. I have about 4 mutations that I don’t think are too good. Anyway, to get to your question….I don’t know the answer but I also get night sweats. My doctor does ask me on every visit if I get night sweats, so I imagine that means it has something to do with the MDS. My biggest problem is low platelets and I am supposed to be starting Decitabine after my next visit in April….unless by some chance my numbers are better, then maybe I’ll get another 3 month reprieve.
    Donna

Michael Busalaki
    Participant

Thank you my only problem so far is the low hemoglobin from red blood cell mutation. I get an procrit injection every week i was hoping for a double triple maybe a home run with it, but barley hitting singles. The Doc said next visit he might try a study drug.

Paul Dyer
    Participant

I am 50 and was diagnosed July 2018. At the time I had pancytopenia, all counts low. Night sweats were common for me then, as well as too easy(weight loss), and some fatigue. I worked out several days/week also, as well as a physical job (installing hardwood flooring).
    As a result of my mutations (including TP53) I had a transplant in November 2018. Since, the night sweats are gone!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert