MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

night sweats with MDS

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board night sweats with MDS

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    pmc357

is anyone else experiencing night sweats along with the MDS? If so, any thing that you know of that would stop them? Thank you!

Mary4Mike
    Participant

I am not sure if I can help. Are you currently taking treatment? Sometimes this could be a side effect. Have you asked your doctor? I know this sounds obvious, but sometimes it seems like we are always asking the doctor and their nurses questions. Hopefully, someone else reading this may have a suggestion for you. One last thought, could it be hormonal? Not sure if you are female or your age, but is this a possibility?

bobweinberg

I have had MDS for over 13 years, and during the first two years night sweats were common. My doctor seemed not surprised so I got the impression this was a sympton of anemia. Interestingly, the night sweats eventually ceased and I have not had one for years. How low is your hemoglobin, because I am thinking that this is something that happens when your count gets really low.

riccd2001
    Participant

MDS side effects from meds as well as MDS itself affect people differently and YMMV. Have you taken the time to research this site as well as Marrowforums.org ? IMO both have the "SEARCH" option readily available to get some answers.

For some patients the transition from MDS to AML comprised nightly fevers together with sweats. Others have found that being on Dacogen tends to reduce the night sweats to just a couple times in a month. For some with marrow recovering after ATG, the sweats and fevers disappeared.

Good luck with your search for some relief.

pmc357

thank you all for your quick responses…My husband (age 58) was recently diagnosed with MDS…just started Revlimid, too soon to know response to this medication. From researching everyone’s suggestions, it seems that both the disease and the treatment can cause these nightsweats. Just wish I could find a way to make them stop or at least make them less…cannot find any recommendation for supplements/herbs/medication that would help with the nightsweats. Surprised by this because it seems that everyone experiences this problem. Some nights it’s a 3 change, last night it was 6! UGH, wish I could help. Again, THANKS everyone!

lindajo

Whenever I push my body too far, nightsweats show up. Six times a night is excessive though. Bring that to the doctors attention. See if anything else is going on that may cause the nightsweats. At least you know it isn’t menopause.

Anneg

I have them everynight all night I’m soaked get up at least 4times a night haven’t asked doc yet but I will today let everyone no if i find out anything. god bless

Anneg

Hey indajo:
    Asked doc yesturday about night sweats. He has put me on 300mg Neurontin at bed time. Has helped tremendously. Good Luck and God Bless

lindajo

So glad he found something that is giving you some relief.

Vern

Interesting that you’ve had MDS for 13 years. May I ask your current age? I’m 73 and have been diagnosed with MDS for 2 years.
    Thanks

bobweinberg

Vern, I am currently 62. I was diagnosed when I was 48. In two weeks, I am celebrating the fourteenth anniversary of my diagnosis.

Bob

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert