MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Our Voices Did Make A Difference!

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Our Voices Did Make A Difference!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    SandyB

Just to let you know – From the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society:

Senate Approves Specter-Harkin Amendment

The Senate passed the Specter-Harkin amendment to the Budget Resolution by voice vote on Friday. The amendment increases funding for health programs, such as the NIH and CDC, by $2.2 billion in the FY 2008 Budget Resolution. The Senate also passed the Budget Resolution 52 to 47.

Thanks to all the Society advocates who contacted their Senators in support of the Specter-Harkin amendment. We will continue to alert you when your voice can make a difference in funding for the National Institutes of Health, National Cancer Institute and Centers for Disease Control.

Jack_dup1

Sandy,
    Great news, Harkin is my Senator, don’t care for his politics, but he is very supportive of health care, his brother is a deaf mute, I hope that term is politically correct. We just have to keep pushing our lawmakers. even if it dosen’t help us, it could help our children and grandchildren. That would be a pretty good legacy.
    Jack

sdrake

Sandy,

Wonderful news! Thanks for keeping us updated on ways we can help.

Shari

Bkwits

Sandy,

That is good news. I am not sure, but I think that Sen. Specter is a cancer survivor. It’s a beautiful day here in Northern Illinois.
    Barb

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert