MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

passed on

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board passed on

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    Naomi

Hello to all on here. This is Naomi’s daughter, Gail. I know she didn’t post on here too, too much, but some who’ve been around awhile will know her. Mom was on Revilamid & in remission for almost 3 years. She came out of remission this past August & just went down hill from there. She had a bad month in March ’07 as she had a slight brain bleed. The drs. put her on Oxycontin & percoset for pain management. She had another hematoma that started yesterday in her spine. She passed away this morning- April 3rd just before 10am.
    I am thankful she is not suffering anymore & that she’s in heaven with Jesus.

ButchL
    Participant

My prayers are with you.

shirlsgirl

Oh no. I’m so sad to hear about your mom Gail. She was very kind and so helpful on this forum. I will miss her posts. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Take good care,

Jody

Bkwits

Gail, My deepest condolences. I pray that you and your family will take some comfort in knowing she is at peace.
    Barb

eve

gail

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this most difficult time

eve

choijk

Gail, I am so sorry to hear about your mother’s passing. My thoughts and prayers are with you too….

Caroline

Gail.

Please accept my condolences. I will keep you in my prayers.

Blessings,
    Caroline

sdrake

Gail,

I am so sorry to learn of your mom’s death. Please know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

Take care,
    Shari

Jimbob

Gail,
    I offer condolences and prayers for you and your family. Be thankful for the good memeories that you have and that you can be at peace that you know she is with the Lord.
    Jim

stacey

Dear Gail,

I am saddened and so very sorry to hear of Naomi’s passing. She was the first person I ever corresponded with on this board. She was also the first person I talked to who had been taking revlimid longer than myself. I contacted her via e-mail, and she was so kind to take the time to respond to me about her experiences. She will be missed by many on this board. You have my deepest condolences.
    -Stacey

Suzanne

Dear Gail, I was in contact with your Mom too. I think we both had the 5q-. I was just thinking about her in the past day or so when I realized that I had not seen her post inquite a while. I was actually thinking about “those of us that have been here a while. All of us in that category know your Mom.I wish her spirit well and peace to you all.

KWJ

Gail – I am so sorry. The words are just not enough as i know too well, but please know my thoughts are with you in this tough time. Just take it one day at a time. God bless.

Sandy L

Hello Gail,

So sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Kathy G

Gail-

I am so sorry – I remember her and my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

Kathy

SandyB

Gail,

Please know that Mike and I are very sorry for your family’s loss. May God grant you peace and strength during this difficult time.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert