MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Patients that survive transplants, midi, mini, full etc.

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Patients that survive transplants, midi, mini, full etc.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    lindajo

Many times we don’t hear from the successful transplant patients because the ones who do really well go on to leave relatively normal lives. They get off the forum and out of the patient circles and rejoin the healthy people of this world.

It is normal and natural for them to return to a world where they don’t have to discuss the diseases anymore, but it makes the rest of wonder how many survive.

If any of you go through one and survive please continue to keep in touch to encourage other patients. Lindajo

pierre

If I may just say–I think that’s a great idea.

Jimbob

Still here and still working on it 26 months post SCT. There are some ups and downs but overall things do get better. I read forum almost daily but I am not able to post unless it is on my computer and the Mrs. is not hounding me to get off the internet already.
    Jim

John in GR

I also agree. I do think, however, that it is rather unscientific. I do think it is a fair question for those contemplating SCT or a variant to request the statistics for the facility and in general for the one, two, three, four and five year survival rate for similarly situated individuals.

John

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert