MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Peeps

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    tahoedonner

I hope that this won’t gross out John from GR and all of the rest of you are so into vitamins, organic foods and special diets but you really have to get in on the great after Easter prices on Peeps….at least half off and sometimes even more!

I stocked up this morning!

gemloyear

Good for you, but you had better share with the rest
    of us. How does that mix with vidaza??

E.L.

Kathy G

My son & Husband love them so I picked up some more last night “on sale” for them. They do gross me out though.

Suzanne

My son-in law likes them stale-having sat out so they are ‘crisp’ on the outside. Somehow they don’t appeal to me even with my Very Sweet tooth!

Terri

Put them in the Freezer, thats how I like them. Tah glad to see you still have that sense of humor. Bob just finished the fourth dose of this Fifth round of vidaza, first time it is taking his counts down, he is so tired and fatiqued. But I still believe he is not getting any colds, flus infections etc etc due to all the supplements. But he does get his share of PEEPS.

Sorry, but I have to ask. Being in the UK I have no idea what ‘peeps’ are! Please, please, enlighten me!

Carrie

An easter treat! smile

http://www.marshmallowpeeps.com/

They’re little marshmallow chickies covered in yellow sugar with brown dots for eyes. They also have other types of peeps but the chicks were the original ones smile .

ALL sugar… so you’re not missing much… except they’re cute.

Carrie

Oh… and here’s some peep fun:

http://www.peepresearch.org/

Very funny smile .

Nanxy

Carrie
    How is the treatment for secondary MDS going for your dad? When you find the match donor what kind of mini BMT are they planning on doing. I also have been diagnosed with secondary MDS from 3 bouts of Ovarian Cancer. I am set for a transplant at Stanford mid April. They will radiate all lymph nodes and give me ATG to supress my immune system. They say this is a study of 15 people for two years. I can’t find much else on mini transplants. I am going to City of Hope in LA tomorrow to rsearch any other kinds of transplants

Carrie

Nanxy,

Well, dad’s treatment was scarey for the first month. He got an infection and was in the hospital for a week with fevers. It took a month before he could get his next treatment. He hasn’t needed any transfusions this time around (he needed them a lot after the infection).

He’s meeting with his doctor today so we’ll find out more about his next treatment and maybe we’ll know more about the transplant. We haven’t talked about it much lately. I’ll let you know if anything comes up and what I find out.

Good luck with your mini!
    Carrie

Carrie, thanks! Peeps are so cool!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert