MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

pierre,s allogeneic blood and marrow transplant.

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board pierre,s allogeneic blood and marrow transplant.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    goneforlove

His brother was a 10-10 match.I never though it would not work…jan-18 pulmonary function
    jan-22 cbc-platelets- hickman insertion.
    jan-23 consult appt..
    jan-24 discuss maribavir study
    jan-27start ara-c 1000mg. start allopurinl and ursofalk.
    jan-28 continue ara-c
    jan29-continue ara-c-ct/simulation
    jan-30continue ara-c
    jan-31 continue ara-c
    feb. 1 finished ara-c
    feb,2 cyclophosphamide 60 mg,/kg
    feb,3 cycophosphamide 60 mg/kg
    feb 4 start cyclosporine 5 mg/kg po q12h, fluconazole 100 mg od
    feb,5 total body irradiation-stemcell infusion-needed more stem cells on feb 6,,everything seemed good..started haveing pain in his belly..diarrhea…started a fever on feb,,7th.and fever never stoped tryed antibotic,s went into the ICU- and never came out..got a bacterial infection..they said in his gut-with caused pneumonia,,I laid on his chest till he took his last breath..now I have so much pain in my chest..my god the pain..how do we go on,Feb-13 I lossed my heart.

Neil

Gail,
    I am so sorry for your loss.

jga_socal

Gail,
    I’m so sorry.
    Your post was hard for me to read as I also just had a stem cell xplant Jan 9 with a 10/10 donor. It is day +50 for me, home and doing well so far… We who opt for the stem cell transplants know the risks. It’s like playing Russian roulette but you MUST pull the trigger 3 times. For me, I’ve only pulled the trigger once so far. I have to pull 2 more times in the next 10 months.
    Jim

Mary4Mike
    Participant

Gail,
    My heart aches for you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

eve

gail

i am so sorry for your loss

may good memories help ease the pain

eve

goneforlove

ty..all for understanding my pain…I just want to say to jga-socal- that he will be ok..pierre,s with you ..some of us make it ..stay strong for us all ..I pray every night for a cure..we new the risks..and I,m sure it would have worked other wise..so lets keep fighting together..

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert