MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

pineapple

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board pineapple

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    shirlsgirl

Hi,

Can one still benefit by eating fresh pineapple and not juicing it? Or is juicing better?

Thanks in advance,

Jody

Jimbob

Juicing may help you to get more out of a food but I don’t think there is anything wrong with the fiber you will get out of something that is easily digested leike pineapple. Besides, it will also give you a sense of fullness.
    btw, I ate sesame seeds by a spoonful or smetimes sprinkled over something else.
    Jim

Jack_dup1

Hi Jody,
    I don’t think there is anything wrong with eating the pineaple rather than juicing it. The negative is the fiber and how it affects your digestion. There was no way I could eat a whole pineaple every day, when you get a good one, it’s great, but usually they are a little green or bitter. I quit doing pineaple after the noni capules started working for me, when my platelets drop, I will go back to juicing, when I did the sesame seeds I ran them through a grinder and added them to crystal light, they still weren’t good, but I got them down. Jim is tougher than I am, I couldn’t just eat them.
    Jack

Jerry

Does pinapple juice bought in a jar work? Or, do you need to juice a “fresh” pineapple?

patti

Jerry,

I think you really need the fresh pineapple to get the full affect of it’s nutrients. Anything canned or bottled usually has most of its nutrients stripped out of it. It’s spendy, but try to stay fresh. I think the benefits far outweigh the cost.

Patti

shirlsgirl

Thank you for the info Jimbob and Jack!! I appreciate it. smile

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert