MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

PLEAase help me understand these lab results

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board PLEAase help me understand these lab results

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Maria Walsh
    Participant

Blood results-
    I am female 28 years old and normally very healthy
    I need Help with understanding blood results, please!
    Do you see any connections or any further questions I should ask my doctor?

I have had 3 urine tests in the last month with 0.3 erythrocytes (should be negative), HI Bacteria (should be negative), and the tribe culture says “3 or more organisms present” and that it is probably contamination. But all 3 urine tests say that! And I did a mid stream sample and used the wipe they provided (I am female).

Blood results that are abnormal –
    Platelets slightly high at 412 – should be 150-400
    Erthyrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR) is 53 and should be 2-30 mm/hr
    Alanine Aminotransferase (ALT) is 66 – should be under 36 U/L
    Urine creatinine is 27.2 and should be 2.5-20 Umol/L
    Alpha 2 Globulin is 9.2 and should be 5-9 g/L
    C reactive protein is 10.4 and should be less than 6 mg/L
    Vitamin D is 67 and should be 75/250 nmol/L

I am constantly tired in the day, extremely fatigued, came off of cipralex 3 months ago which I was on for 10 months and gained 40 lbs (have never fluctuated for than 10-15 lbs in my life), and now recently am having pain that comes and goes behind my ribs in the back and in the lower abdominal around the sides/hips and a bit below the belly button,pressure on bladder, constantly needing to pee

mdsfound

Dear Maria, Thank you for your post. I know this is a difficult situation for you and I would recommend that you go to one of our Centers of Excellence in MDS for a second opinion. You should be very carefully assessed before undergoing any treatment. Benefits versus risk analysis should be done with any treatment.

Following is a link to our Centers of Excellence worldwide https://www.mds-foundation.org/mds-centeres-of-excellence/. If you would like a preferential appointment, the MDS Foundation can help assist you with this. Please email patientliaison@mds-foundation.org. We also have a wonderful information program called the Building Blocks of Hope which we can send you via postal mail. If this is something that you would be interested in, please forward your mailing address to us. In the meantime, you can also view this video https://www.mds-foundation.org/bboh/. I hope this information helps.

• This reply was modified 6 years, 2 months ago by mdsfound.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert