MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Poem for those of going through a bmt for a acure

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Poem for those of going through a bmt for a acure

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    doreen

I found this poem by accident while in a beauty salon. I have been trying to decide to go ahead with a cord blood transplant for many months. It was very ironic that I would see this. I wanted to share it with those it may help.

One day you finally knew
    what you had to do and began,
    though the voices around you
    kept shouting
    their bad advice
    though the whole house
    began to tremble
    and you felt the old tug
    at your ankles.
    “Mend my life!”
    each voice cried
    But you didnt stop
    You knew what you had to do,
    though the wind pried
    with its stiff fingers
    at the very foundations
    through their melancholy
    was terrible.
    It was already late
    enough, and a wild night,
    and the road full of fallen
    branches and stones.
    But little by little,
    as you left their voices behind,
    the starts began to burn
    through the sheets of clouds,
    and there was a new voice,
    which you slowly
    recognized as your own
    that kept you company
    as you strode deeper and deeper
    into the world,
    determined to do
    the only thing you could do–
    determined to save
    the only life you could save.

Cherbear

Hey Doreen,
    That was so inspiring! Thank you so much for sharing. I hope you’re doing well.
    Many Blessings to you,
    Cheryl

Yes, I’d say that about sums it up. I have been going through some of the same indecision and questioning. At this time it looks like a BMT in mid March but some of the fears and questions will only be answered by time.

Bill

doreen

Bill – Best wishes to you. I think you will be fine as I will. This is our chance to move on with life. Where are you having yours done. Mine is scheduled for the week of april 11 but I also have to have a full set of tests to ensure I am healthy enough to go through it.

mommachkate

Doreen, Bill,Best wishes for both of you for the treatments, and full and fest recovery. Kate

Nanxy

Thank you, that was just what I needed. I am going through the testing to be sure I am healthy enough for the BMT. There is a donor being tested as well. If all goes well, I could be starting the transplant mid-April. Another journey!

Doreen,
    I will be having mine at the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, The Hutch as it is also known. I to have to get all the workups done but Kaiser has done enough of them to beleive I will survive it.

Bill

Jimbob

Dorren and Bill,
    Again, I offer prayers that all will go well and you will soon be on the road to a full recovery.
    Jim

Suzanne

Hope the road is a smooth one for all of you. My hat is off to you. thank goodness they are getting so much better at the transplants and taking care of any problems that come up!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert