MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

progressed to AML

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board progressed to AML

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author

Scott had a BMB on tuesday and his blasts were at 58%… he is now having his first experience with Chemo… it is so far non-eventful… he is in lots of pain still from the cellulitis that he is on heavy pain meds… so alot of the time he is sleeping…
    We were told he will have 6 days of intense chemo and that he would hang out here at Hotel Roswell, for 4 weeks… he will then go home for approx 3wks and then back in to transplant…
    with all our set backs we are so ready for this to stay on schedule…
    thank you all for being here I feel the love you all share and we have such great hopes that this night mare will be over soon…
    I bought the new braclets for Leukemia and they have 4 words one being Bravery as with MDS, Endurance, Hope, and Courage… these words speak so true of this disease…
    love to all, di

Caroline

Di & Scott:

My prayers are with you.

God Bless.

Caroline

Sandy L

Di and Scott,
    So sorry to hear that. Keep fighting. There are a lot of people that are praying for you.

ButchL
    Participant

Di/Scott:

“Be strong, never surrender”

Keep up the fight.

You are both in my prayers.

Butch

Carrie

Di,

I am so sorry. I hope that he tolerates the chemo well and I’m glad that he has that option. My family and myself will be praying for you.

Do you still want to meet with my mom? She’d love to talk with you smile .

Carrie

Terri

You are both in my prayers, Stay Strong.
    God Bless

sarah

Thinking of you both, stay strong.

shirlsgirl

Di and Scott,

I am so sorry. Sending positive thoughts and prayers your way.

Thinking of you both, Jody

Sandy M

Di/Scott…
    not only are you in a circle of prayer, but you are going to be starting out on a new chapter of your lives…hang in there !!! and post to keep us updated when ever possible smile

gemloyear

Di & Scott, I’m sorry that you have to go through this. I hope that he has a successful out come with his treatment and bmt.He will be in my prayers.
    Ellie

Thank you so much for the words of support…
    I just read all the posts to Scott… I think he is surprised that people we don’t even know would keep us in their prayers… I think he gets it now how simple it is to post and what love you get back… we are hoping Scott will get interested in the computer and be able to share with you all on his own…
    I will do my best to keep you all updated…
    Carrie I will call your mom as soon as I have the chance… seems like time is something I don’t have alot of but yet while I sit in the hospital there is nothing but time…
    take care all of you… and I will keep you in my prayers…

dusty

Of the four words, I think Hope is the most important. You have a chance and it is worth fighting for. You are in our prayers.

Jimbob

Di and Scott,
    We may not know you but we all have had a taste of what you are going thru – some of us more like a steady diet – and we know what it is like. You have many, many people praying for you.
    Jim

Sheryl Ann

I am so sorry about Scott’s progression to AML. My mother’s MDS progressed to AML last April. It is difficult news to receive. My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.

Sandy L

Hi Di and Scott

Hope you are doing better and have been able to move on with a positive attitude after finding out that it advanced. What happens now? Does Scott need a heavier Chemo reatment? If so how is he doing? Prayers are with you.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert