MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Question (Vidaza)

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Question (Vidaza)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Carrie

Hi all!

Dad saw his oncologist yesterday and he needed platelets (they were at 20). This is the first transfusion that he’s needed in a while.

His white counts are still low and so are his other counts. But the white counts are really low.

His oncologist said that they will probably start the next round of Vidaza next week. My mom is confused and a little worried (but she’s not good at voicing it to the doctor) about dad’s counts still being low before they do the Vidaza.

Has anyone else had low counts and still done another round of Vidaza?

Thanks,
    Carrie

Lexingtongrn

Hi Carrie…my friend had very low counts all the way around and he got Vidaza shots for a week every month and didn’t stop the shots until he went for a BMT in February.

Carrie

Thanks, Paula!

eve

hi carrie

my dad’s counts have been at all different levels since he has been on the vidaza – sometimes low, sometimes very low

the only time he skipped a treatment was when he had an infection, then the treatment was postponed until the infection had cleared

eve

mommachkate

Hi Carrie, When George was on Vidaza, he was getting the treatment even when his count was very low.They only stoped the treatment when he got an infection, and from than on he became very sick, and transformed to AML.My best wishes for your Father treatment. Kate

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert