MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

RELAPSE

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ensnee

What a stinking birthday present. Hans had another BMB last Wed, my birthday. By Friday we heard that he had relaplsed. CAN’T BELIEVE IT.
    He is feeling so GOOD, better than he has in 2 years. Now he is back on the waiting list to get into Princess Margaret Hospital, to do his 2nd round of induction chemo — (is it still called induction the 2nd time round?)He is dealing with it amazingly well, though I’m sure the longer he has to wait, the more jumpy he will get. He never even got to do the consolidation chemo…
    such frustration…

Esme

Terri

Prayers are with you will be thinking of Hans, hope things start getting better, sorry you had such news on your Birthday.

shirlsgirl

Esme,

I’m so sorry about Hans! That’s awful, and he’s feeling good too? This disease makes no sense at all. What an emotional and physical roller coaster! I’m glad Hans is handling the news well. I hope things turn around soon.

Take care,

Jody

Kathryn

Esme, it is such a roller coaster… I’m sorry for Han’s relapse. Hopefully since he is feeling good the second time will be easier for him and things will improve. He’s in my prayers.

May all your birthday wishes come true….

Kathryn

Ensnee

Thanks, ladies. We just got back from PMH, having regular blood work. Hans’ platelets were up 9 points to 35 since last Wed, which is good.
    I’m worried about him having chemo with his platelet SO low. The nurse at the transfusion clinic seems to think he will get a bed by this weekend. It would be great to get this round going and get it over with! Our mood is good. I guess we’re getting used to dealing with this wretched disease!

Thanks again for the support!
    Esme

sarah

Esme, keeping you both in our thoughts and prayers. Keep us informed.
    Hang in there!
    Sarah

KP2112

I am sorry to hear of this. Things will improve.

Take care,
    Karen

Ensnee

Hi Everyone,

Thought I’d add an update: so far, Hans is still doing well. We just went for a 1/2 hr walk, and he was out riding his bike several times already today. He’s still gaining weight and looks ridiculously healthy. We had dinner out in the garden tonight, beside our little pond, and we could almost pretend things were normal!

Yesterday at PMH his blood counts were stable,
    same as last week, except his platelets had gone up about 10 points to 35. Still way too low, but improving. No blasts in the blood either. So, we just keep waiting for the call for him to be re-admitted.

Thanks for all the positive thoughts!

Esme

gemloyear

Esme, I’m glad that His counts are coming up, it seems promising. With his attitude everything WILL go well, half the battle. Praying for good results.

Ellie

Terri

Sounds like good news what a blessing I hope Hans continues to feel well and his counts stay stable.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert