MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Revlimid

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    txplumber

I just took my 7th pill. Has anyone else been on it?

Mary4Mike
    Participant

Roger,

Welcome to the forum. You will receive a lot of good information and ideas on this site. If you have questions, just ask. Usually someone has experienced the same thing or can help you out. As far as Revlimid, go to “search” at the top of the page, click it, and type in Revlimid. I just did and there were 229 responses.

Keep us up to date on your progress.

Mary

czaring

Does anybody know if a patient must be transfusion dependent in order to try Revlimid? Or can that Doc make that prescription prior to their first transfusion?

billboy
    Participant

I don’t know if you must be transfusion dependent before being prescribed Revlmid or not. However, I suspect it’s totally at the doctors discretion. As I’m sure you know doctors routinely prescribe drugs for off-label usage. In my case, I was prescribed Revlimid even though I did not have the 5q deletion. Not too surprisingly, it didn’t help me. The trials for this drug indicated that those with the 5q deletion had the best response, but even then, those benefiting were a minority as I recall.

Bill F

sgoodman

You do not need to be tranfusion dependent to receive revlimid. I have been on it for three years and have never had a transfusion and my insurance has covered it with no issue. Just note that it can take months for your counts to begin to increase. Good luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert