MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Ron's fight is over

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Ron's fight is over

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    PhyllisA

Dear Friends,

Ron and I have used this forum so much over the past three and a half years and have gained so much knowledge about MDS and all of your struggles.

Ron’s MDS developed into AML in April 2006 and after undergoing two rounds of chemo the leukemia was still there…he fought so hard, but Wednesday, July 5 his battle ended. We agreed to let the hospital do an autopsy…it obviously will not help Ron, but it may help someone else and I think he would have wanted to do that.

Thank you all for being so helpful when we have posted questions. This is a great forum and has brought us much comfort.

Best wishes to all of you.

Phyllis

Terri

Dear Phyllis, My heart goes out to you and I will continue to keep you in my prayers.
    God Bless

ButchL
    Participant

Phyllis:

So sorry for your loss.

Butch

sdrake

Phyllis and family,

My prayers are with you. I am so sorry to hear of your loss.

Shari

riley

Phyllis,

I’m very sorry for the loss of your husband. My prayers are with you and your family.

Nicole

CarolineG

Dear Phyllis,

I’m sorry to hear of your loss. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. You and Ron fought long and hard. I hope that Ron’s autopsy will serve to further the study of this disease.

Blessings,
    Caroline

Engel

Dear Phyllis,
    So very sorry to hear of your loss. My husbands MDS also turned to AML in May, he had chemo ara-C and is now in remission. He is doing Vidaza now and Procrit. Our prayers are with you and your family, this horrible sickness has changed so many lifes we take each day and thank God.Ron is in a better place and we all will go there someday, he just got there first. God Love You,Gloria

Jack_dup1

Dear Phyllis,
    I am very sorry to hear about Ron, our heart goes out to you and your family.
    Jack

eve

dear phyliss

my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this most difficult time – may all the wonderful memories you have of ron live within your heart forever

eve

shirlsgirl

Dear Phyllis,

I’m so sorry. Thinking of you and your family….

Take care,

Jody

patti

Phyllis,

I am very sorry for your loss. It is a difficult thing. Take care.

Patti

lynette

Phyllis,
    I’m very sorry to hear of Ron’s passing. You are in my prayers.
    Lynette

TEMBO

Dear Phyllis;

Our thoughts and prayer are with you and your family.

God Bless,
    Karen

sarah

Dear Phyllis,
    Thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. If and when you need to talk I am an email away. Its one day at a time.

Dear Phyllis:

Please accept my condolences as well. Try to focus on all the good times, which I’m sure were many. Take good care of yourself.

Hugs,

Marla

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert