MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

some good news

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board some good news

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Suzanne

Well gang, I finished the last of the zarnestra almost 4 weeks ago. I figure I have had almost a year and a half of dealing with chemo drugs after I progressed to AML from RAEB. The Marrow results from the BMB last friday came in clear today-no signs of MDS or AML so I am still in remission. Hooray, hooray!! my platelets that had been running at 117,000 went to 155,000 -normal range! everything else they watch was either normal or close to it. the only thing that did not improve was my white countand they figure that was caused by a cold or alergies. neuts were in normal range. I have a couple of times of counts every 2 weeks and another bone marrow in 3 months and if everything holds or improves they will start stretching out my appointments. I have a big smile on my face and can’t say enough about how wonderful Johns Hopkins and the staff there have been through it all! They say the longer I go without any sign of either the MDs or the Leukemia the better the chance is that we have beaten both-not a sure thing but a chance. I’ll take it!! smile smile smile

eve

so glad to hear good news for a change

keep up the good work suzanne

eve

Suzanne

Sorry I somehow got this posted twice! Guess in my excitement I clicked on too many buttons!

Jimbob

So good to hear good, no GREAT news. Prayers that you will continue in this direction.

Jim

Jack_dup1

Suzanne,
    Thanks for sharing the wonderful news,it brought a smile to my face.It shows everyone that we just have to keep fighting.
    Jack

KATHY1

Suzanne,

I’m so happy for you. Wishing you continued success.

Kathy

shirlsgirl

Yay Suzanne!!! That’s terrific! I’m so happy for you. Wishing you a happy,healthy summer and many happy healthy summers to come. laugh

Jody

Kathy G

That is such great news Suzanne following a few weeks for not so happy news. Live each day and enjoy!!!

Kathy G

Marsha

Suzanne,

What wonderful news, enjoy, spring is here and summer not far away, enjoy life this year you deserve it.

geebeebee

Very good news to hear, Suzanne! Take your mind off of these things and enjoy yourself.

Greg

mommachkate

Suzanne, I am so happy for you, and wish you continous perfect health. Keep in touch and send us all the good news from your next test. Best wishes Kate

Kathryn

Suzanne, thanks for sharing your wonderful news. It inspires us and give us hope! I know how elated you must feel! I’ll be praying for your continued good health.

Best wishes,

Kathryn

CMH64

Wonderful news Suzanne! You have been through a long and very scary adventure. We wish you the very best as you begin to adjust to life as a cancer survivor! You are an inspiration to all of us. Cathy

April

That is great news Suzanne! I will keep praying that you stay Cancer free!!!!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert