MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

STARTED THALIDOMIDE

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board STARTED THALIDOMIDE

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    patti

Dee,

My MIL gets that loud rushing sound were her reds get low also. I think that’s a pretty normal response to low RBC’s. Hope all goes well tomorrow. I know it’s a pain to spend the day doing it but it should help you feel a little better. You might try the black sesame seeds in addition to the pineapple to see if that helps the platelets. Mom gets them at New Seasons in Hillsboro on Cornell Rd. As long as you’ll be in town tomorrow….. smile They’re in the oriental food aisle.

Not sure what Essiac caps Janet’s mom is taking but I’ve been getting mom’s from Natures Sunshine. They’re $20 a bottle (100 caps)and hers don’t say anything about not taking them for a week at a time. So far we haven’t seen any change but I imagine if we’re going to it should lengthen the time between transfusions. So if mom goes beyond 2/24 for a transfusion we’ll consider them a success.

Take care.

patti

Naomi

Hi Dee:
    I had a lot of rushing, ringing in my ears when I took thalidomide. Also have some with revlimid, but not as bad. All those side effects that go with the differnt meds.
    Naomi

sugarwhale

Dear Dee,
    My mom’s Esiak Caps say nothing about going off of them for a week. However, we saw another brand in a health food store that DID say that. We’re not about to skip them–not only because they’re working–but also because our fine doctor TOLD us to take them as we have been. My understanding is that Esiak Caps have a kind of “cumulative” effect. By this, I mean that they work better after having taken them for one year than after, say, 2 months. I even found one Web site that said that they take at least 2 YEARS to work completely. Don’t even ASK what “completely” means!
    Yes, diarrhea or soft stools indicates that the Esiak Caps ARE working; this is the detoxifying effect. So, this is good. This will leave after a few days, too. One can hasten the return to normalcy by drinking lots of water and by always taking Esiak on an empty stomach.
    Even tonight my mom nearly forgot the Esiak before we sat down to dinner. “@$%&,” she said, “I forgot the $#$% Esiak.” She took it and sat in front of her dinner for 30 minutes until she could finally eat it! I forbade her from taking so much as one bite until after 30 minutes had elapsed!
    Yes, I’m strict with her! It’s called…loving.
    ~~~ Janet

diner

Hi friends, We are actually at the beach for a few days. The skies are blue and we just got up and are having our coffee. ha
    Of course everytime we plan something I have to get something irritating. I got a canker sore and it turned into secondary infection so I’m taking medication but it doesn’t seem to be helping. My lower lip is swollen and I look funny and when I accidently bite it when trying to eat, doesn’t help matters. frown
    Oh well I have to make the best of it. I’ve been juicing so much is why I think I ended up with the sore, even though I’m taking everything to prevent them.
    Dee

patti

Dee,

Well, have a nice day at the beach. I hope it’s sunnier there than it is here! Sorry about the canker sore. You can try Kanka for the pain and it will also help heal it. The secondary infection is a bummer but hopefully it will leave quickly. I am anxious to hear if your body shows any increase in platelets with the pineapple. Keep us posted.

All the best,

patti

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert