MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

swollen ankles

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board swollen ankles

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    eve

does anyone know if there is any connection between swollen ankles and cipro

dad has been taking cipro for about 4 weeks now – to clear up a urinary tract infection – his ankles started to swell last week – doctor not concerned, but i am

eve

Terri

Hi Eve, Last year Bob had terrible swollen ankles and his Feet just game on no new drugs or anything. We got some Light Compression socks and Bob wore them for a few weeks and has not had a problem since. Doctors office said to keep elevated and try ace bandages. The ace kept slipping off, with the Light compression socks he just wore them all the time and it really help.
    You have to measure calf, knee to ankle etc to get the right size. It tells you on the pkg

eve

thanks terri

he has been elevating his feet, but we will try the compress socks

eve

shirlsgirl

Mom mentioned to me today that her ankles were swollen…not sure if it’s her drug cocktail causing it or what. Also, she normally goes to the gym after work …lately she’s so exhausted she doesn’t have the energy to do very much. The odd thing is according to her cbc everything is normal except platelets (a little low)so she should feel good…but she is so drugged from all of her medications that she feels just awful! She felt much better before being treated. Don’t get me wrong…I’m grateful that the treatment is working…I just wish she felt better.

Anyway…sorry for my ramblings.

Oh and thanks Terri, I’ll mention to mom about the compression socks.

Jody

Terri

I would also Check with the Doctors, We went to the compression socks since our doctors office indicated to try wrapping his ankles and feet with ace bandages. But they kept sliding off.

Also we got Light weight Compression, there are different types

eve

not going to do anything until we see the doctor on thursday

thanks

eve

KP2112

Eve,

I know my Dad had swollen ankles once when he was in the hospital. The Dr.s said it was because his blood counts were low and that he was having some effects of heart failure. But as soon as his counts were stabalized his ankles went down. From what I have heard it could be the result of not enough oxygen getting to the heart due to lowered RBCs.

Kind Regards,
    Karen P.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert