MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Tahoe

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Kathy G

Wondering how you are feeling after completing your Vidaza treatment. Hope all is well.

tahoedonner

Kathy….

Thank you for your concern.

My MD twisted my arm, and I am glad that he did, so I started 5-aza (Vidaza) again. He told me that I was the only one of his patients who had ever experienced positive results with this drug. I thought that it would be at a lower dosage but I got the full 100 mg, but this time I got 200mg Anzemet before each round of shots and an
    ” antiemetic cocktail” to use when needed….only two or three times.

This was a really big difference from the first time I tried 5-AZA. I think that taking the extra Anzemat an hour or so before the shots made a big diference.”Shooting” myself on the weekend was no big deal

This time, I had no really bad side effects except for being very tired.

Tomorrow, I go in for a BCC test with a vial reserved in case I need red cells….I hope that I wont! My MD thought that my counts might drop before they stabilized.

Kathy G

Glad to hear it went well – it helps when they get all the right meds together. My Dad has been tired too but then he has better days as his numbers come back up.

Keep us posted on your progress and of course a bit of humor injected is nice!!

Kathy

gemloyear

Tah, We are so happy to hear that your treatment is successful, hope that it continues for many years.

Ellie & Glen

Suzanne

Go for it Tahodonner. Glad it was easier this time. Hope it is also has good results.

tahoedonner

Thanks to all….

I do a red cell infusion tomorrow but it is what my MD thought would be needed.

Hopefully, after the counts go down they will go up as the 5-AZA kicks in!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert