MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Tamoxifen-induced thrombocytopenia

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Tamoxifen-induced thrombocytopenia

Tagged: 

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Clint Holland
    Participant

Anyone out there know of a connection with their MDS and the drug Tamoxifen (for those who are not familiar with this drug it is prescribed to some after breast cancer surgery).

I have read about a connection between low platelets or low white/red blood cells and those prescribed with tamoxifen tablets. It is not a frequent occurrence but it seems taking this drug can in some cases reduce your blood readings and even give rise to Thrombocytopenia. I would be interested to know the story if you have had such an experience. I will be taking this subject up with my Oncologist and Haematologist but any background from those “in the know” beforehand would be much appreciated. As always, thank you in advance for any feedback you may submit.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert