MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Thalidomide or Revlimid [Del 20q]

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Thalidomide or Revlimid [Del 20q]

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    sgoodman

Hello. I am on Thalomid now (at 100mg per day since November) and it is working well. The side effects are manageable. I have MDS-ra and myelofibrosis. I am 41.

sgoodman

To add to my prior post, I was on revimid for 3 months and it had no effect.

Thank you for yr response, Sgoodman.

My Dad started on 50mg Thalidomide last week. But the counts remained the same. This week, the doc upped it to 100mg. My Dad has complained of having cramps in his stomach and pain in his feet. Not sure if these are side effects of thalidomide.

txnmomma

Hi there..

My dad was on Thalidomide for approx 2 months. For him, the side effects were horrible. They showed sligh increase in his counts.. the WBC and also the HGB.

He was taking 200mg a day.. at night. The sleeping part helped him tho. After being hospitalized for side effects, his dr lowered the dosage to 50mg and it still was too much for him.

The side effects were too evil for him .. to continue the treatment. The optical nerve was inflammed causing double vision, he was sick all the time [bronchitis], fever, sleepy, cold sweats, etc. Basically, the side effects were too much for him. He is off it now.. and taking something else.

Hope your dad does well with the Thalidomide. For some its works, for others it doesnt!!

txnmomma
    Quote:
    complained of having cramps in his stomach and pain in his feet. Not sure if these are side effects of thalidomide.

My dad had the same complaint.

Viewing 5 posts - 16 through 20 (of 20 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert