MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

The END is near…

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board The END is near…

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Vasilios2

2 years ago my dad felt weak going up the stairs. He did not think much, he was a young looking and healthy 77 year old. The blood results were showing anemia….the first bipsy showed no abnormalities. The second one here in the States a year later showed early stages of MDS.
    April 2006, 30% blasts and a trisomy +8. Leukemia the doctor said. A bout of pneumonia kept him in the hospital for a week. After going home feeling fine a bout of c-diff. 3 weeks later still suffering….still in the hospital. Today the Doctor said that the spleen and Gallblader are inflamed. He will do an US…We can not even think about therapy right now. My sister went to Greece and I am going in 1 week. He is in a center of excellence but as they told me there is almost no hope. Neil I want to thank you for your support. I have been looking in this page for the past 2 years EVERY morning at work. I thank you all for the info and indiect support.
    I wish you all good luck and I will pray for you all. I will keep in touch

Dad 79 yrs old. MDS <5% blasts 2yrs ago progressed to AML April 1,2006. on platelet transusion and Medrol for now.

gemloyear

vasilios, We were told the same thing in Jan. and thank God he is still here, but also with pneumonia and other illnesses. I feel selfish in not wanting him to go, he is my life. We have been married for 54 yrs., I don’t know what I will do with out him .I wouldn’t want another person to go thru the suffering that these patients endure.Glen is the same age as your dad and always strong and healthy until this disease hit.We thank God for each day that we have, and realize how short life is.We will pray for your dad and family.
    Peace Ellie

sarah

Cherish each day, it is in fact a gift from God.My husband Charlie was my best friend.
    I pray for strength for each of us.

Vasilios2

Thank you all for your support.

Kathryn

Please know that you, your father & your family are in my thoughts & prayers.

Best wishes,

Kathryn

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert