MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

They still don't know anything…

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board They still don't know anything…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Carrie

And he is so weak that he can’t touch his nose. He can barely talk except for two or three words at a time. His respirations are too quick so they might put him back on the respirator. He gave them permission to do it.

He got a little stronger yesterday than he was on Monday and he could move a little more.

I know they’re working around the clock to discover what is going on with him. All tests are coming back normal or nothing fishy (MRI, spinal tap, etc.) I’m sure they’re frustrated. It still doesn’t help how we’re feeling.

I’d hate to be a doctor and to have someone’s life in my hands like this. I wish we had Dr. House from the Fox TV show. He’d figure it out!

Dad is really trying. He fights to talk but he says what he needs to say. The thing he says most clearly is “I love you.” It’s hard to hear him struggle but it’s good to know he’s conscious and can say how he feels. He called the doctors “Idiots” so his humor is still there wink .

I won’t know much else until after work today. I’ll let you guys know more tomorrow.

It’s raining cats and dogs here in Virginia. I got woken up by a HUGE thunderstorm. I HOPED that the power would go out at my office (it happens kind of regularly) but… no luck! Ugh. It’s okay — the rain matches my mood.

Thanks for listening and for the continued prayers,
    Carrie

frank
    Participant

Carrie,

during my staying in hospital, even i have 104 fever for 3 days, doctor cannot figure out what is the cause, i do the X-rays, MRI and every test, all is negtive, but i do have rash on the third day, so they began thinking for the drug reaction, they stoped the drug by the fourth day after i was in the hospital with high fever and i continue asked for if it is drug reaction(by my sence, i do feel it may be the drug, since the worse point is after i have the drug an hour later).
    think all the aspect, be positive, may be a little things which doctor ignored…

best wish.

Frank

Ensnee

Carrie, I’m so sorry you are all going through this. It’s so hard to watch a loved one struggle, and of course terribly hard for the person who is ill. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

many hugs,
    Esme

Carrie

He was MUCH better yesterday! He could talk a lot more and his upper body is regaining strength. I was so happy to hear him and understand him for the first time in days!!

They’re still working on finding out what’s up with him but I’m feeling better for now.

He has some other little things going on but things are looking better at least for now smile .

Kathryn, I got your message. I hope to hear from you today!

Carrie

Kathryn

laugh BIG hug to you & your dad,Carrie! I sure hope that every day gets better for him…and you! I think that his body probably got so worn out w/ the breathing issues and all that it just took him a little longer to start bouncing back. Your news brought a bit of sunshine to my day….

I’ll call you tonight if I can…..

You’re in my thoughts & prayers,

Kat.

gemloyear

Carrie, At last some good news. I hope that he continues to improve every day and regain his strength so that he may come home soon.
    Ellie

Carrie

Thank you everyone. I wish I could continue with good news but today’s not as good as yesterday. He’s sleeping more, heart rate is 140 and his respirations are 40. Don’t know what’s up yet but I hope it’s just “bad day.” My youngest sister went to see him and was expecting him to be like he was yesterday. She’s very upset that he’s not.

The nurse said he may just be tired from his respirations being so high. They may be looking at putting him a respirator again.

Good days and bad days… but I hope the good days come more often.

Update at 3:50 pm EST: He’s headed back to ICU. They think he might have aspiration pneumonia. I’m really relating to Kathryn now.

Love,
    Carrie

DonUK

Hi Carrie – prayers for you and your Dad. Sometimes these things are two steps forward one step back.
    Not easy for any of you.

Kathryn

Carrie, I just sent you a message, but I hadn’t read your recent post. *sigh* I’m so sorry. Your poor dad. Hopefully his stay in ICU will only be for a bit to get him back on his feet. I am praying for him.

Talk to you soon,

Kat.

KATHY1

Carrie,
    I feel so bad for what you are going through. It sounds like your dad has some good doctors though. When my mom was in the hospital they practically made her sign a DNR when they took her off the respirator. That still pisses me off because they knew the rest of us did not want it and she was not in any condition to be signing it. Anyway your dad is much younger then my mom was so they’ll fight harder. I’m hoping and praying for your dad to get through this.

Kathy

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert