MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Touching base/ Light the Night….

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Touching base/ Light the Night….

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Kathryn

Hey, I just wanted to touch base w/ you all….

I went to the Light the Night walk here in Atlanta, GA. It was held at Centennial Olympic Park. It was a very wonderful & moving event and I am so glad I participated in it. All of you,my friends, on the forum were in my thoughts… The city never looked more beautiful. I went w/ my sister and her son and daughter. We put a couple of pictures of my dad on the Memorial Garden board… frown Seeing his picture up there made my heart ache horribly. I miss him so much. Being involved in the walk does make a difference though… Puts a positive light on it and makes me feel proactive…. I’m hoping to start volunteering on a regular basis soon.

Well, I just wanted to check in and let you know that I am thinking about you, praying for you, sending you my best wishes, love & hugs.

Kathryn

diner

Hi Kathryn,
    I saw your message about doing Light the Night Walk. I have always done the one in Portland, Oregon but was unable to this year due to rain. It was the first time it rained at our walk and the first time I missed. It is uplifting to go and I usually run into one of my doctors I had at OHSU and a couple of the Infusion Unit nurses. I’m sorry about your dad. I also lost my dad a couple of years ago but he had been in pain so much but died peacefully.

Caroline

Kathryn,

You are doing a wonderful thing. I am very sorry that you lost your Dad.

Blessings,
    Caroline

Sandy L

Hi Kathryn,
    Nice of you to keep checking in on this forum. Sorry about your Dad.

Terri

Ours is the 15th of October, I am walking, with my daughter, son in law and grandson. So far have raised a little over $1000. Have done this since Bob’s diagnosis. It is amazing the number of people supporting, it is a beautiful thing seeing so much support.
    Thank you all who have donated on my website.

Kathryn

Wow, that is so great Terri!! You go girl!!! laugh We signed up at the last minute, but next year we are planning to creat a team -“Team Ace”- and do it right. The weather couldn’t have been more perfect. I hope that yours is as well. The support is definitely a beautiful thing.

Best wishes & love to you,

Kathryn

Laural

We just completed our Light the Night Walk here in Dayton, Ohio. My team, Always Friends, raised $6404 this year due to our Cooking Up A Cure cookbook that we put together and sold. We had a beautiful night for the walk, and had 55 members on our team (including 3 survivors!). Our team was featured in our local paper at http://www.daytondailynews.com/search/content/localnews/columns/daily/0927dale.html if you want to read about the Dayton Walk. The Walk had over 1500 partipants althogether. It was quite a wonderful night!
    Laura

Kathryn,
    I also participated in the one here in Buffalo NY…
    It was really neat I have never done a walk before so I was really not prepared… I will be better prepared next year… and hoping Scott will be able to come…
    I had to leave him he is in the hospital, but we went to see him afterwards… here in Buffalo they had balloons with a light in them… we took our balloons to his room… and our name tags that said we walked for him are on his wall… with a picture of our group that we had taken…
    hope you are doing okay, di

Terri

Kathryn It is such a positive thing,
    Laurel Great Idea with the cookbook.

It usually is a good turn out in our area, a lot of support.

diner

Light the Night Walk in Portland turned out good. This is the first year I had to miss because of weather and health. I was all ready to go but….. They raised $250,00 that they’ve tallied so far and are hoping to get to $285,000.

Dee

Caroline

I looked up the Light The Night Walk locations here in Canada. There is one location only an hour or so from where we live. Unfortunately, their walk was on the 6th of October and I missed it. I emailed them tonight to tell them that next year my family and I will definitely participate. I believe that this was the first year that Toronto (Mississauga) held a Light The Night Walk.

I am glad that I read all of the postings every day or I would have missed this one. Maybe if there are enough of us from the Toronto area, we can make up a team.

Food For Thought,

Caroline

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert