MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Transplant centers

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Transplant centers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Hi all,
    Now that I am awaiting a transplant, I am getting a interesting information from the National Marrow Donor Program. For those of you that are looking into a transplant or are interested in how many transplants a center has done, I offer the following site. http://www.marrow.org/PATIENT/transplants_by_disease.html “Transplants by Disease Category at Each U.S. Transplant Center Myelodysplastic and Myeloproliferative Disorders”

This chart will show the number of transplants each center has done for different diseases. It makes for some eye opening reading.

Bill

sarah

Thanks Bill, very interesting. Hope you are doing well. Hope transplant is a success.
    Take care,
    Sarah

JenP

Thanks for posting this. My husband and I were told this week to start researching BMT centers, so this was good timing for us.

Suzanne

If the numbers were added for related donors, I wonder if this would change a lot. The numers are so low that there must a lotmore tranpants that are related. Wish there was a list fot total transplants done and survivial rates-there probably is somewhere.

Jimbob

Bill,
    I sent info on that site last year when OR OHSU showed 0 for CMML. Now it shows 1 – me!. But Ido know that they had done SCT on 3 other people with CMML in the 4 years prior to mine?
    City of Hope was the highest number for CMML in the report put out at the end of 2003.
    While number of transplants IS important to show experience but don’t be bashful to find out number of recepinets who have survived beyond 3 and 5 years. You are working with a center that has has about the best of both.
    We know we will see a number for you there and then be able to keep in touch for years. Wishing and praying for the best for you.
    Jim

shirlsgirl

Thanks Bill, interesting reading!! I wonder if there is some Canadian info. out there…I’m going to start my search.

I hope all goes well with you with your BMT. We’ll be pulling for you Bill. Please keep us posted.

Jody

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert