MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Tribute to Dennis Goward

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Tribute to Dennis Goward

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Jerry

Hi folks …

I just got home tonight from a very scary 12 day hospital stay where I almost did not make it. But, I did and as soon as I was able to get to the computer, I learned the terrible news of the death of Dennis Goward. Dennis died to some degree fighting the same issues that I had last week. Upon learning of his death and after my joys at getting to know Dennis, I wanted to find an appropriate tribute to him for all of us to consider. While I would never impose on you to do something that would be against your wishes, I would like Dennis fight to go forward. So, I have decided to double up my pledge to Terri’s program. She said,”I am walking in the Annual Light the Night Walk again this year, Our local Leukemia Societies walk will be October 27th, here in Boca Raton Fl. Last year I raised over $1,000 and Hope to do it again this year. the following link is my personal web page. If you can, Please support my walk for research for all of the diseases including MDS.

http://www.active.com/donate/ltnPalmB/1985_tlc253

I am quite sure that Dennis would be thrilled if this forum alone helped Terri raise her goal. So please, if you are looking for a tribute to Dennis, please consider this one. No donation is too little. Thank you all.

Jerry

SandyB

Jerry:

I am so glad to hear that you leaped a hurdle and are doing well again.

Great Idea! I will look into that.

Also would be good for everyone to pass along the letter to Congress found on http://www.fightmds.com in Dennis’name.

Good luck to you.

Caroline

Jerry,

I am sorry to hear that you had to spend time in hospital. It is great to hear from you again. I wish we all lived close to each other so that we could physically help each other in times of need instead of reading about it after the fact.

I will do what I can to help Terri in the Walk. I was intending to go on the walk here in Ontario but I broke my heel a few months ago and it is just beginning to heal up.

Blessings,
    Caroline

Jack_dup1

I will be going on the walk in Des Moines Sep 30, third year in a row.
    Jack

camiboxer

Jerry,
    What a beautiful and giving way to honor Dennis. I am sorry that you were not feeling well recently. Hopefully things are looking up for you now.
    Very sad news about Dennis. May his family stay strong and may he forever be remembered for his obvious love of life and wit.

maueenh
    Participant

Jerry,

So sorry to hear that you were in the hospital. Glad you are home and feeling better. I like your suggestion for a tribute to Dennis and will follow up on Terri’s contribution page.

Maureen

Terri

The walk is a great cause and a way for us care givers to continue this fight, and Jerry thank you for the added support in Dennis’s Honor, it is a wonderful tribute.

Sandy B I have also sent off letters as indicated on the website you have posted.

May Dennis be in Peace.
    God Bless

Terri

Thank you all I have to post some additional Sponsorships but I am over 1/2 way to my goal. I am trying to think of other ways to raise funds I know one forum member said their team did a Cook book, I have been crocheting baby blankets I am going to try and stock pile them to sell so I can donate the Money.
    I wish I could only do more for everyone fighting this disease

Laural

Hi Terri,
    I just had to share what my boss did at work. I work in the schools. This year we had a very small cost of living raise, while our administration had a much greater raise. My boss took the money he is making above and beyond the raise the rest of us got, and donated it all to charities, including $500 to our Light the Night Walk. I am so blessed to work where I do. I also have 20 or so co-workers who are walking on our team. Friends always make the journey easier.
    Laura

Terri

Thanks Laural I have a lot of Co workers sponsoring me as well as my place of employment and my prior Employer. Have not posted all of my pledges until I receive them to turn in to the Society. I am hoping to exceed my goal.

chuckk333

I think that both suggestions,( donating to Terri’s walk and to try to get the bill passed–out of committee and on to the floor) are a wonderful way to pay tribute to Dennis and I will do so. (everyone on my address list has been req

chuckk333

I think that both suggestions,( donating to Terri’s walk and to try to get the bill passed–out of committee and on to the floor) are a wonderful way to pay tribute to Dennis and I will do so. (everyone on my address list has already been requested to write their congress person) It would also be a good idea to let Nancy know what is being done. I am sure it would be a comfort for her to know how many people care.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert