MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Update

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Terri

Our Roller coaster continues. We figured Bob’s subdural bleed was under control he was walking and getting around better. Then his whites started elevating Dr wanted to get him back on the vidaza as soon as possible since when he was admitted to Hospital for the bleed he got off sschedule. He had one round. White came down some then skyrocketed again to 54. Went in thurs to start his round of Vidaza and his Hgb down to 6.5 from 9.1 a week earlier They did an emergency transfusion of two units, a BMB as well to see what the disease is doing since no signs of bleeding anywhere, Its not the brain, Nothing in the urine or stool, No nose bleeds or mouth sores.
    We go Monday for CBC if counts are low again after the 2 pints They will probably admit him. The BMB results will not be back until Tuesday.
    We can use some prayers and thank you all for the support.

Jerry

Terri …

As always, Debbie’s and my thoughts and prayers are with you … Bob is about my age (62) and seems to be going through so much more … we feel for you both … Best wishes ….

Jerry

patti

Hi Terri,

Hang in there. I so understand the roller coaster. You are quite a rock. Praying for you and Bob. Please keep us posted so I can keep my prayers specific for you both.

Take care.

Patti

Engel

Terri,
    We are praying for you and Bob, will be at church tomorrow and light a candle as well. Only a month ago I thought I would lose my husband after his MDS became AML and we the doctors help and God watching over us all turned around and my husband is in remission. We pray the same will happen to Bob and to all the great people on this forum.
    Gloria

Caroline

Terri,

My prayers are with you and Bob as always.

Blessings,
    Caroline

Terri

Thank you all, Engel what treatment did your Husband go through to get to remission.

eve

terri

just got back from a much needed long weekend away from the pressures of home and was sad to read that bob is having problems again

my prayers are with you and bob -hoping he gets through this latest crisis and starts feeling better quickly

eve

Terri

Well One visit down, Had Bob’s CBC this AM Whites down from 57 to 38, His HGB hung in there at 8.9 after the two units last Thurs when he was down to 6.5. Plts 32 but that could be off a little.
    We were excited. Now just tomorrows appt for the BMB results. Dr feels everything going on is the underlying MDS and not that bob is bleeding anywhere. So we will see, He said that the BMB was not dry which was a good sign when the BMB or aspiration is dry it is a sign of packed cancer cells. Did not know that.
    Will keep all posted

Engel

Terri,
    You asked how my husband got into remission. His MDS turned to AML and he spend 5 weeks in the hospital on chemo ara-C, had a heart attack and slight stroke, but all worked out well. He is now on Vidaza for his consolidation rounds and although his counts go down some they still stay normal. The reason for the Vidaza is so that all will stay well and AML will not come back. Our prayers are with you and Bob, have faith all will turn out well. Blessings, Gloria

sarah

Terri, last 3 BMB’s Charlie had were all dry tapped.They were unable to aspirate. We knew that was not good.

Terri

Bone Marrow Biopsy/ Aspiration came back and the disease has not Progressed but His marrow was bone dry of Iron. So he Started the Vidaza again today and tomorrow in addition to the Vidaza he will get IV of Iron (Feracet) once a week for the next six weeks. We were very happy that the Blast, etc etc are not worse and that the Disease has not gotten any further or progressed to aml.
    Will see how he continues with the Counts and the Vidaza.
    Thank you all as always for your support.
    God Bless, my prayers are with you all.

eve

terri

thanks goodness there is no progression of the mds

eve

Caroline

Terri,

Great News !!! You must feel very relieved. I am happy for you.

Blessings,
    Caroline

sarah

Wonderful news Terri. What a blessing.

lynette

Great news Terri–keep the faith!!
    Lynette

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 22 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert