MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Update—good and bad

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Update—good and bad

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Naomi

Hi All:
    Just wanted to let all know that I saw the doc yesterday and got the report from my bmb. The 5q- is back, so I am no longer in remisssion. Last April it was gone, Sept was questionable (two reports – one said 5q- was gone, other said it was back) Jan says it is back.
    This has not effected my counts as they have been staying fairly steady even if slightly low. The good thing is that I still am not getting the txs. The hgb is 13.6 and the crit is 40 so I am not in need of red cells.
    I am still getting the phlebomoty every two weeks to get rid of the iron.
    The doc gave me 3 options – continue as I am taking the revlimid, stop the trial completely (which I do not want to do) and up the med from 5mg to 10mg, which I chose to do. I will have to watch very closely, as when I first started out I reacted to the 10mg dosage. Now that my body is used to the med, I may be able to handle it with no complications. Time will tell us how things go.
    I still have my energy and feel well, so I can’t really complain.
    The “Poster Child” just lost her position for Revlimid. If my body reacts like we want it to, I may regain my position. Heeee!Heeee!
    My prayers still go out to all of you, the patients and caretakers and to find a cure for this dreaded disease.
    Naomi

Carl

Naomi,

I’ll certainly be praying for your good report on the increased Revlimid dosage. You did so well on the minimum dose I’m sure you will respond to the higher dose, especially with your 5q- chroms. defect.

Terri

Wishing you the Best Naomi

sarah

Naomi, wishing you the very best. Hope all goes well with new dosage.
    Sarah

Suzanne

Naomi, Wishing you the best and if your counts are steady, you feel good, and do not need TX’s, I still consider you a “poster child” Hope you have no problems with the higher dose this time!

czaring

Naomi!! Dimes to donuts your body will be more welcoming to that dose now that it’s accustomed to the lower dose. You’ll do great. Your numbers are so good! I’m glad you feel so well & I’ll be wishing you luck with your adjusted dose.

Cindy Z

shirlsgirl

Hi Naomi,

I’m sorry the 5q is back. Best of luck on the higher dosage of Revlimid…you are doing awesome…fantastic hgb!

Jody

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert