MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Update on Dee (diner)

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Update on Dee (diner)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    patti

Hi everyone,

I received a call this morning from Dee’s daughter and she told me Dee had a stroke last week and is in the hospital. They expect her to be there at least another week. She’s having some difficulty speaking but her daughter said that seems to be improving daily. They are continuing her thalidomide but are spending most of their time putting out fires as they pop up due to her low platelets. If you think of her, you might pray for strength for the family and grace for her. I’ll let you know if I learn anymore later. Her daughter said she’d keep me posted.

patti

Terri

Thanks for the Update Patti, I keep all my forum family always in my prayers.

God Bless

patti

Hi Terri,

Added prayer is always appreciated. I have another call into Dee’s family trying to find out how she’s doing and if she can have visitors but I haven’t heard back from them. I’m hoping tomorrow. I was wanting to try and visit her in the hospital this week. I’ll pass on any info they give me.

patti

patti

Hi everyone,

I just received a call from Dee’s husband. Dee has transformed to AML and is being sent home tomorrow from the hospital. She is being set up with hospice at home. Her husband, Jerry, said she is fairly non-responsive right now. Please pray for grace for this family over the next week. From conversations I’ve had with Dee I believe her to be a christian. He asked me to let you all know and ask you to pray for her. I’ll let you know when/if he calls me again.

Patti

Lydia

Patti,

Dee and her family are in my prayers also. Mom has a prayer group and she’s added Dee and her family as well.

PAG2005

Patti,

My heart aches everytime I hear news like this. I’ve been praying for Dee and her family and will continue. She is a very sweet lady and I’m sorry she has to go through this. Thank you for the updates. Pat

CarolineG

Patti,

Thank you for passing this news on.

My prayers continue to include Dee and her family.

“Where two or more are gathered together in my name, there I am in their midst.” – Matthew 18:32

Blessings,
    Caroline

Sandy L

My prayers for Dee and her family. I am so sorry – I always appreciated her support and the only question I have now is – WHY???????? She is a very sweet lady.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert