MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Update on Mom

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Update on Mom

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    geebeebee

Mom got back her 100-day post-SCT BMB results today, and her donor cells were at 98.5% with no evidence of MDS. The doctors, and thus, we, were very happy about those numbers.

She’s still feeling very weary and nauseous all the time, so I don’t think she’ll be partying tonight, but I’m hoping that perks her up.

Best wishes for everyone,

Greg

April

That is great Greg!!! I’m happy to hear that your mom is doing well…

Naomi

Greg: Glad to hear the new cells are taking over. Hopefully her feelings will start to get better shortly.
    Naomi

Neil

Hi Greg,
    98.5% donor cells is very encouraging! And no sign of MDS!!
    Make sure she is eating well and getting all of the nutrition possible. A couple bottles of Ensure might help. Think the have a few flavors that she might enjoy. It is easy for someone who does not feel well to skip meals.
    She has come a long way over the last 100 days. Will be keeping her in our thoughts an prayers.

shirlsgirl

laugh OMG Greg, That’s awesome!!! Do her doctors
    know how long it will take for the nausea to go away? Hopefully very soon she’ll be feeling great. MDS free!! It’s so nice to hear some happy news.

take care, Jody

mommachkate

Hi Greg, So very happy for your Mom, and you. Hopefully, she will be well enough to party soon.Best wishes, Kate

sarah

Greg, what wonderful news. Hope she has continued good health.
    Sarah

Marsha

Greg.
    I’m so excited for your mom. I think it is great. I had my 100 day BMB on Tuesday so won’t know for alittle while, but my doctor seems to be encouraged that all is well. It makes me happy to hear that her cells are great. Are they tapering her meds yet, maybe they are causing some nausea.

PAG2005

Greg,

I’m so glad for your mom. I hope she will be feeling better soon. Pat

CMH64

Great news Greg! We are headed to Chicago in the morning for Troy’s 100 day BMB. Actually it will be day + 107. We are hoping for a report just like your Mom’s. We are praying for your results to be a match also, Marsha. The three of you have done very, very well! It must have been a good week for a transplant! Tell your Mom that we are thinking of her! We will let you know when we get Troy’s reports. Greg! We hope to run into you two at the “purple palace” one of these days. (Our clinic was recently redecorated – all in purple. One of the nurses says you need a miners hat with a light to see in the waiting room.) Cathy

geebeebee

Thanks, all, for the kind thoughts. We feel very fortunate for the good results and all the great people like you who keep us going.

Neil, yeah, Mom’s practically living on Ensure — her mouth is so dry still, and, combined with the nausea, it’s been a real blessing. She has kept her wieght up the last three weeks, so she’s at least maintaining. She walks as much as she can, too. Her darn Parkinson’s gets in the way of that, but luckily she’s tough.

Jody, how’s your Mom doing? Haven’t heard in a little while.

Marsha, very best of luck on yours — it sounds like you’re doing well, so hopefully the test will follow suit. They’ve tapered a few things — the biggest problem is the thick mucousy stuff I guess from the chemo still — it makes her sick to her stomach all the time. She still has to have two shots of the blood thinner a day from her blood clot deal, so I don’t know if that’s contributing or not.

Kate, I hope George is hanging in there — we’re all rooting for him.

Cathy, I’m hoping you have a great report — you guys deserve it. Please do let us know. It sounds like Troy is feeling OK, then? I’ll tell the folks to keep an eye out for you!

April, Naomi, Sarah, and Pat, thanks so much for the thoughts — best wishes for you guys. I, and I know my folks, really appreciate all of your support, especially when knowing you are all battling your own problems, too. I hope everyone who has to deal with this junk finds this board — being in the dark and researching and dealing with it alone has to be brutal.

Take care,

Greg

gemloyear

Hi GReg, It’s good to hear that your Mom is doing so well. Doe’s she use a nebulizer to help with the mucous., that with the meds really helps to loosen it up.Best wishes for her full recovery.Ellie

alexandra7
    Participant

it’s a great news that your mom is doing well . What can I say keep up the good work.Alexa

Jimbob

Greg,
    Great to hear that your mother is doing well after 100 days. Don’t want to throw a wet blanket, but make sure any sickies stay away from her as her resistance is still extremely low. Praying that we will continue to her how well she is progressing.
    Jim

geebeebee

Thanks, all.

Elle, I had Dad take note of that — although the problem hasn’t been too much on the tightness, just the amount that seems to gather in her stomach, and makes her nauseous all the time. Thanks for the input!

Jimbob, you’re absolutely right…luckily it’s getting warmer, but we’re still limiting grandkid visits to outside in the part — it’s kind of hard on both of them not to see each other much, but kids are germ and virus machines! And with the flu being kind of a late bloomer around here anyway, she’s not getting out in public yet….we figure better safe than sorry.

Thanks again,

Greg

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert