MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

update on my dad

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board update on my dad

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    riley

Hi everyone,

My father passed away yesterday morning, July 21 (my brother’s birthday). Dad wanted to be at home and with his family around him when he went Home, and I’m so glad that God answered his prayer. We brought Dad home from the hospital on Wednesday evening, and we stayed up overnight with him until he passed away the next morning. He was breathing peacefully but with his eyes closed, and he smiled at us and squeezed my hand before he left us. I miss him so much already, but I’m glad that he’s free and at peace now.

I’d like to thank you for the information, prayers, hope and encouragement that you shared with me during my time on this forum. I wish all of you the best of luck battling this disease. I’ll continue to pray for all of you and for a cure for MDS.

God bless,
    Nicole

sarah

Nicole, my deepest sympathy to you and your family.
    Sarah

eve

nicole

thoughts and prayers are with you and your family at this most difficult time

eve

Terri

Nicole I am so sorry to here the news, My prayers and sympathies to you and your family.

Carrie

Nicole,

I’m so sorry to hear the news. I’ll be praying for your family.

Carrie

Marsha

Nicole,

My deepest Sympathy to you and your family at the loss of your father. I pray that God will send you peace and comfort during these difficult days.
    God Bless, Marsha

Ensnee

Nicole, I’m so sorry your beloved Dad has gone.
    My thoughts & prayers go out to you all at this very sad time. I’m glad he got his wish to have his family around him and that he was peaceful.

Esme

ButchL
    Participant

Nicole:

I am so sorry for you and your family. My continued prayers for you and your family.

Butch

Kathryn

Nicole,
    I am so sorry for your loss. I am so glad to know that you were with your father and that his passing was so peaceful and full of love. Please know that you and your family are in my prayers. May your hearts find peace through your memories.

Please call me anytime. I would really like to see you again when things settle for you.

Hugs & best wishes,

Kathryn

Sandy L

Hi Nicole,

Sorry to hear about your Dad. From what I have read it sounds like he knew he had a wonderful family and he will be remembered for a very long time. My deepest sympathy.

KATHY1

Nicole,
    So sorry about your dad. May you find the strength to get through this difficult time through the support of family and friends.

Kathy

tsj

I am so sorry for your loss, you have my sympathy and prayers.

geebeebee

Nicole, I’m sorry for your loss. Our thoughts are with you and your family.

Take care,

Greg

Donna

So sorry Nicole,
    May you find comfort in knowing your Dad his free from his pain and is at peace now.

Take care,
    Donna

Jimbob

Nicole,
    I am so sorry for you loss. It is good, though, that your family was able to bring him home and he was able to pass in peace with you by his side. I pray that God will give you peace and comfort.
    Jim

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert