MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Valproic Acid and Decitabine

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Valproic Acid and Decitabine

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    KP2112

Hi everyone,

My Dad’s Dr. wants to potentially enroll him in a clinical trial. He is currently using valproic acid but they would like to combine it with decitabine. Does any one have any experience with decitabine (it is silimar to aZ5). Please let me know, I would really appreciate the help.

Kind Regards,
    Karen

Jody

Bump!

kristyk

Karen
    My Mom is facing decitibine study. I have yet to have anyone respond on this forrum or on the AML forum who has actually taken decitibine. I can tell you how the study at my Mom’s center is constructed..like how it is dosed, how often BMB are scheduled.. etc. Let me know and I will be glad to share what I know. I can tell you that the Dr and nurses have mentioned that thus far, the side effects are very minimal in the patients currently enrolled . ( At my Mom’s center it is phase II study)However I do not know what success pt are experiencing. Let me know if you want more info on the study that has been proposed to us. Mom goes back on the 18th to see where we are at with her qualifying for the study. I will keep you posted if/when we start the drug. Please do the same for me if your Dad does…like you I am beside myself with wanting to know more about this. Kristy

Suzanne

My notes say vidaza was called 5-azacytidine and that decitibine is a close relative. You might have more luck finding people with 5 aza experience. When these drugs change names and strenghts or composition as they look for answers is becomes hard to track people with experience plus the fact that level 1 & 2 trials are often small groups of people-especially survivors since that group in itself is small.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert