MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Very dizzy

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Very dizzy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark Simpson
    Participant

I have MDS, my white blood cell count is generally between .8 to 1.1. A few days a go the room began to spin for 10 to 14 hours. Had a low pressure headache for 36 hours. Could it possible be an infection?

Barb
    Participant

Hi Mark, inner ear infections can cause those symptoms. I don’t know abot anything else.
    Barb

Karena Pring
    Participant

I have had the dizzy spells due to my very low haemoglobin level, but not for as long as yours.Nor do I get the headaches. Maybe you could talk to your GP and get a general check up, it may be due to a blood pressure issue.

Donna
    Participant

Hi Mark,
    When you say the room was spinning, it does sound like ear. I have had dizzy feelings at times in my life but the spinning is so very different. When I get the spinning, I am unable to function until it stops. Then I go to my ear doctor who does an Epley’s Maneuver and I will not have spinning for a couple of years. It is a very simple thing the doctor does to move the crystals back in place in your inner ear. I’m not saying that is what it is but if so, it is like a miracle. I had this long before I was diagnosed with MDS and doctors diagnosed it as all kinds of things. It ended with a great ear doc. Good luck to you.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert