MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Vidaza

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Maureen Van Winkle
    Participant

How is Vidaza administered? My husband has MDS and I’m wondering if he’s been given this without realizing it. I don’t think so, but it’s hard to remember all the drug names, etc.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I keep a record of all drugs on a matrix to remember. Also, a list of all procedures done. It helps to keep track and be able to tell different docs and nurses what is going on.

Cecile Huston
    Participant

I have been on vidaza since June 2017, the 1st 7 which I get every 28 days were done as a shot in the stomach or arm, my skin broke out so badly that since that time it is given thru my port. I also am doing a clinical trial twice in the same 28 day cycle, I today had my 72nd treatment, it is keeping me alive, I also have a bone marrow biopsy every 3 months. My white cell and platelets still are almost always below normal but I am able to do most everything I did before but slower, although I just had a sinus infection followed by bronchitis which had me on antibotics again.

Charles Hall
    Participant

I’ll be starting vidaza on Monday for 5 days M-F then repeat in 3 weeks

Charles Hall
    Participant

I was dx about 4 yrs ago. Started procrit every other week at 10,000 units. I now self inject 5,000 units 3 day a week. If I go above 10,000 at one time my BP goes up like a rocket. It went as high as 220/110 and I had what is called an eye stroke. So the lower self administered dose was the solution for me. MDS is a strange disease. I was using price If to control hgb worked fine but recently it started going higher >11 and my platelets began decreasing. Presently I no longer do procrit but need platelet xfusion of 2 units once a week. Today’s hgb was 10.8 and if it drops to 10.7 I’ll restart the procrit.
    I’m hoping I see an improvement with vidaza on all blood counts

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert