MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

vidaza

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    stan spence
    Participant

Had a bone marrow biopsy in Aug. Started viadza in Sept.Now in Jan. my blood counts are normal. Getting a second opinion on bone marrow transplant. After my 6 round of vidaza will have another bone marrow biopsy. Transplant will follow.

JBC
    Participant

So glad you are responding well to Vidaza. My husband responded well for several years and had a SCT after 59 months on Vidaza. He had a consult with a transplant doctor after two years on Vidaza, and the doctor said, “Ride this remission as long as you possibly can.” At that time, he had a biopsy and was entered into the registry and we found out that he had multiple perfect matches. So he rode the remission as long as he could and we lived our lives around the treatment schedule. We are now at Day +60 and doing well enough so far. Best wishes, Stan.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert