MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

We need YOUR help NOW

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board We need YOUR help NOW

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jerry

Hi all …

Sandy B and her husband Mike have started a letter writing campaign to help push H. Con. Res 179 through the U. S. House of Representatives. We need each of YOU to send the letter to everyone you know and ask them to send it to their Representative NOW. Everyone who cares about YOU should be willing to send the letter. Here is the link to the letter: http://www.fightmds.com/
    Now folks, this should be something that we ALL can come together on and do. Mike and Sandy don’t have the time to pursue this right now while they battle Mike’s AML; so for their sake, let’s all send a letter to our Congressperson and see if we can’t do something positive here.

Please, this will take 10 minutes of your time and I must ask, “if not us, who?”

Thank you for all of us.

Jerry

Dennis

the link doesn’t work. What should the letter say?

D

SandyB

Dennis:

If you just click on the red link in Jerry’s post, and then click on the link “Send a Letter to Congress” it will come up immediately.

Should you have any difficulty, please let me know at: SBarbor@comcast.net

Thanks for trying to help us.

Dennis

Found the link at another post. Try this:
    http://www.fightmds.com/ , all lower case letters.

I went there and got the letter, and emailed it to the chair of the committee plus my own congressman. I sure hope both of them can read.

D

SandyB

Jerry, Dennis and All:

When you go to the Fight MDS Link, make sure to visit: Learn About Myelodysplastic Syndrome Here link on the site.

It contains the names of all of the U.S. House Reps that serve on the Heath Subcommittee. These folks are the first tier of voters on the Resolution. Please contact them as well.

You may also monitor the Schedule of the House at: http://energycommerce.house.gov/schedule.html

A display of these letters was placed, with the blessing of Dr. Larry Cripe at the Iniana University Center of Excellence, and generated 200 letters being sent in the first 6 weeks.

If anyone is interested in placing a display in the Center of Excellence near them, please let me know.

Let’s all pull together and get this job done!

CarolineG

Can Canadians send the letter as well?

Caroline

CarolineG

I didn’t mean can Canadians send a letter to the Canadian government. I meant as support can we send letters to your government as well?

Caroline

Jerry

Caroline …

I don’t see why not … it certainly cannot hurt … thanks for caring …

Jerry

Terri

Will do

chuckk333

Anyone that wants to comunicate with their congressman can do so by going to http://www.house.gov/writerep/ to get their address or post an email.

I have sent a copy of the suggested letter to all on my address book. A sure that this will result in a bunch of letters,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert