MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

4 donors 6/6 being tested further

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board 4 donors 6/6 being tested further

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    PamyRn

Hey guys. I transferred to AML last week after wbc climbed to 17…positive peripheral smear…did bone marrow and showed 26% blasts…finishing up my first “round” of chemo…did real well. NO NAUSEA!!! just battling a rash from a new med….slight fever off and on in the 99’s. Been here 8 days and should go home in am if no infection…wbc down to 2.5 but hgb up to 10 after transfusion and platlets were down to 7 but had transfusion (second one since Ive been here) and up to 58….family and friends running big bone marrow drive….busy doing fund raising….while in the meantime University hospital has found 4 donors 6/6…Will receive last donors blood by end of month…working on two specimens there now trying to match 10/10. Keep fingers crossed…..
    Pam

sarah

Pam, fingers are crossed for you. Hang in there. You are fortunate to have good matches. Its good you are not experiencing the nausea. Hope you are headed home soon.
    Best wishes,
    Sarah

eve

pam

fingers are crossed

eve

mommachkate

Pam, Thinking of you, and wishing you all the best for your treatment. Crossing fingers too.Kate

geebeebee

Hi Pam,

Sounds like things are going as well as can be…you keep hanging in there — the prospects look good. Sounds like you have a lot of great friends and family.

Crossing fingers,

Greg

Suzanne

Pam, Sure am glad the chemo was easier then you were afraid it would be. Hope your good luck holds and that you are on you way to better days with a transplant and hope for cure!

B. Greene

We second all the above and fingers are surely crossed, it sounds good. Barba

Terri

Hoping and praying for only the best

shirlsgirl

Hi Pam,

I’m so glad the chemo went smoothly…best of luck on a perfect match!

fingers crossed, Jody

Pam,

We hope and pray for the best results and NO problems after.

I have an initial assessment coming up at the Hutch next week, any suggestions as to questions to ask?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert