MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

5-Azacytidine losing treatment effectiveness

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board 5-Azacytidine losing treatment effectiveness

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    bexar2120
    Participant

Well ALL, my treatment course for TP53 variant has shown indications of losing effectiveness. I had 10 cycles from Jan 2023 to Oct 2023. We went to M D Anderson Houston Med Ctr June 2023 and had bone marrow exam as well other lab testing performed. Those results showed minimum disease progression of TP 53 variant but also indicators of other genetic abnormalities. SO happens now that we are headed for another bone marrow exam at Houston Medical Ctr this Nov 2023 to project a treatment path forward. There are studies being performed for other drugs at the Houston Med Ctr. The medical journals state that Venetoclax is usually administered as a second drug.
    Anyway, Quality of Life is my driving concern. Wife and I traveled to Hawai’i end of September. I took ill ( the disease ) and spent time at Tripler Army Med Center. Fortunate to get released and make our scheduled flight stateside. I am heading out to Las Vegas this coming Tuesday. Understand MDS will turn into AML.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert