MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

About George

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board About George

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    mommachkate

Hi All, I just came home for 3 days .George had seven days of cemo, took it well.Very week now, but we was told that he will be, after the cemo. Next week, he will have a BMB to see the result. He has to stay in the Moffitt center 3 more weeks .All we can do is to hope and pray that this will work. My thoughts are with All of you. Kate

Neil

Hi Kate,
    Good to hear from you.
    We are all pulling and praying for George.
    Keep us posted on his progress.

sarah

Hi Kate, good to hear from you. Will continue to keep you both in our thoughts and prayers. Hang in there!
    Sarah

geebeebee

Kate, glad George is hanging in there well — we’ll all be rooting for you two.

Take care,

Greg

Suzanne

Kate. Having been there, I wish you well and tell you that he can come out in remission! hoping that is what happens for George.

Jimbob

Kate,
    We are all pulling for George and you, too. I am keeping both of you in my prayers.
    Jim

Kathy G

Kate-
    I was thinking about you this and glad you took the time to post. I hope George has good results on his BMB – hang in there I know it’s tough.
    How do you like Moffitt? How about the doctors?

Please keep us posted.

Kathy

gemloyear

Hi Kate, We pray that George will pull through his treatment with the best results .It seems encouraging so far. Thanks for posting, it’ good to hear from you .Our prayers are with you and George. Ellie & Glen

Marsha

Kate,

I keep saying prayers for George and you too, it is tough on the caregiver as well. You have one tough guy there. Hang in there!

Terri

So glad to hear from you Kate, Been thinking of you and George. Glad you made it to Moffitt, Is he seeing Dr. List?

Continued prayers, Keep us posted when you can and know we are all here and pulling for you both.

mommachkate

Thank you all for the kind words.Today he is feeling stronger has better appetite. The doctor told him, he will have the BMB Tuesday. I am frightened .I dont have to tell any of you how it feel to wait for the result, beside that I feel sorry for him for the pain, he has to endure. We didn’t see Dr List yet, every week a different group of doctor is coming but they all consult with dr List. I can see he is getting the best of care there. I am going back to Tampa Monday morning. Thinking of you all Kate

Suzanne

Kate, that is the way it was for me in the hospital too different Dr’s on rounds. The bmb I had there hurt less then any I have ever had. They also got the results except for cytogenetics in just a few hours.Maybe you won’t have to wait so long.

Naomi

Hi Kate:
    Glad to hear that George is getting good care and hopefully this will pull him out of the problems of this awful disease.
    Will keep you both in my prayers as well as everyone else.
    Naomi

mommachkate

Hi All, I wonder if his high glucose problem will go back to normal? He never had diabetes before. We know it is from the medicines, but could it go back to normal? He has been eating better yesterday, and have no problem, other than diarea. He is on antibioticum all the time, I know it is a must at this time. I am going back tomorrow morning. Best wishes for all of you Kate

shirlsgirl

Hi Kate,
    So glad to hear that George is getting stronger. Good luck with his BMB on Tuesday.

Thinking of you and George, take care, Jody

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert