MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Agent Orange

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Agent Orange

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Dale Reagan
    Participant

My husband is a Vietnam vet who was exposed to agent orange. Does anyone know or have applied for disability with the VA because they have MDS? He had a transfusion last week of 2 units of blood and 1 unit of platelets. Yesterday he received 2 units of platelets. His WBC was 1, RBC was 9 which was good and his platelets were same as last week a 4.

Minnie
    Participant

My neighbor was a Vietnam vet and doesn’t have cancer but some other ailments. He qualified for disability and got back back pay from the veterans. I’m on another site which is a blood cancer. All of the vets on there have disability from the veterans. Apply immediately and get the money your husband deserves

Bill Corbin
    Participant

I am a Vietnam Veteran also. I was diagnosed with MDS in November 2021. I applied to the VA for a disability based on a diagnosis of MDS after having served in Vietnam in 1971-72. My application was based on presumptive Agent Orange exposure. The VA denied my disability application because MDS is not a presumptive disease associated with Agent Orange. The VA informed me that they would reconsider if I could provide scientific proof that Agent Orange can cause MDS. Naturally I can not do that.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    Dale Reagan
    Participant

Update on my husband:
    He passed away last Thursday June 9,2022.
    His last transfusion was on May 31 at the ER admitted overnight. His hemoglobin count was 5 so he was given 4 units of blood. After that he had one good day. He was so weak he probably wouldn’t survive another trip like that & opted for hospice and passed away 2 days later. It breaks my heart this terrible disease took him. And I blame Agent Orange for starting this horrible roller coaster from bladder cancer, chemo and down to MDS.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert