MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

AML, Bladder Cancer and PD

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board AML, Bladder Cancer and PD

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nycgirl
    Participant

Hello,

My father was dx with AML in late June along with existing Bladder Cancer and Parkinson’s Diease. He is 76 years old and opted out of chemo or other treatment (which I respect). His oncologist gave prognosis of <6 months (almost in 4 months).
    For the last several months, he has been living life as if you would not know he was ill (outside the PD tremors and feeling more tired). He walks 3-4 miles a day, eats well, drives and is completely lucid/sharp. He does get tired more easily and sleeps more often and I’ve noticed a drop and tremor in his jaw and there appears to be swallowing difficulties (from PD?)
    Yesterday, I was informed (live out of state) he was passing significant amounts of blood through his urine throughout the day and became faint and fell into a wall. His hospice nurse called my dad but he refused visit and wouldn’t agree to see him till their regularly scheduled Friday appointment. The hematuria has stopped, according to my father and he seems in good spirits.
    While we understand no one has a crystal ball on fate of prognosis and “when” but as a family and for those of us who are not nearby, we’re hoping to be able to identify what to look for as he progresses. Yesterday appeared to be a pretty scary day for all of us but in my research I’ve not found much on this being a significant sign he’s transitioned to the final stages of life.

Any information would be greatly appreciated but I know everyone’s experience is unique.

TY

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thank you for sharing this information about your father. I know this is a difficult time for both you and your family. During the course of MDS, the disease may continue to progress and it becomes clear that you loved one is approaching the end of life. Hospice care, a philosophy and model of care, is beneficial both to people with cancer whose life expectancy is six months or less and to their families. The hospice team – a nurse, nursing aide, physician, social worker, chaplain and volunteers – concentrates on managing pain and other physical symptoms so I think it best to address any questions and/or concerns with them. MDS is a horrible disease. Hopefully, another treatment and eventually a cure will result from the MDS Foundation’s efforts.

• This reply was modified 7 years, 6 months ago by .
    phyto nikita
    Blocked

Phytoscience Double Stemcell for Several types of cancer

Several types of cancer can form in the liver. The most common type of liver cancer is hepatocellular carcinoma, which begins in the main type of liver cell (hepatocyte). Other types of liver cancer, such as intrahepatic cholangiocarcinoma and hepatoblastoma, are much less common. Double Stemcell for Several types of liver cancer.

For more visit
    ………………………………………………..

Double stemcell

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert