MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Any MDS patient having hot flashes (NOT menopause)

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Any MDS patient having hot flashes (NOT menopause)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ellen Weiss
    Participant

77 yr old husband diagnosed with “wait & see” MDS in 2017. Over the years he has had many episodes of hot flashes. Trying to determine if any others with MDS have had a similar experience.

Kathleen Till
    Participant

It is quite common to have these. I would just get them from my neck up, especially after drinking a hot drink. Just like the ones that ladies get in menopause.

I am in Moffitt cancer centre at the moment undergoing a BMT waiting for my stem cell to start working.

Kathy

Kathy Lynch
    Participant

YES! Mine are also head and neck. I’m 68, 3 years into my MDS journey. Mine are also head and neck. Much worse than when I went through menopause almost 15 years ago! I have taken effexior for my Chemo induced hot flashes for the past 15 years…it worked great until the past year. See GYN and Oncologist next month… this and my almost daily headaches at the TOP of my list of issues!

I’ll post what I find out then!

PS I live in a very hot summer climate. 🙁 One of my great joys is gardening…. I can only be out in the heat for 15-20 minutes…..Can’t wait for fall and winter!!!!

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Kathy Lynch.
    Mary Roth
    Participant

Interesting topic! I am female age 65 and have had hot flashes for 15 years. I thought they should be gone by now, but maybe they are now because of MDS!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert