MDS is a bone marrow failure disorder
MDS is a blood cancer
Learn More >

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board Post New Thread

Welcome to the MDS Patient Message Board. We hope that you will find this to be a very valuable resource in your journey. We have recently revised the format of our forum to be much more user friendly and pleasing on the eyes. Let us know if you have any problems, or if you have additional suggestions on how we might further improve our site.

Anyone experience drastic number increases like these??

Home Demo forums Patient Message Board Anyone experience drastic number increases like these??

Tagged: 

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    azalin
    Participant

Update. My dad was given the worst possible diagnosis with Type 1 MDS. Not an option for marrow. All blood levels affected have been really bad since April, started taking Procrit in April, getting transfusions every 4-7 days. I started research at home natural remedies… Started diet 21 days ago… Blood level 2 Mondays ago (week 1 no transfusion)…8.0 Hemoglobin… 2.06 red blood cell. 2.04 white blood…platelets 16,000…. Last Monday (week 2 no transfusion).. hemoglobin 9.7 …2.46 Red blood cell…4.24 white blood cells…. platelets 106,000…(this resulted in call from blood doctor stating he feels results are inaccurate as the change in platelets is so dramatic basically not really possible) Dad told them about his diet and lifestyle change and my natural healing belief and told them he felt good. Dr then said recheck in a week….Today he left for the Mayo clinic (12 hours away) to seek answers and hopefully help, took his blood this a.m. to get an idea of what we are looking like ….the results I couldn’t be happier with… Hemoglobin 11.1… red cells 3.06…white 4.75….and platelets of 160,000. Has anyone ever had luck with holistic natural treatments and or just a rise like these in general? All feedback is appreciated. I am brand new to this and just started learning. We are on day 18 no blood. Sorry for the long thread.

• This topic was modified 4 years, 6 months ago by azalin.
    Clement Rose
    Participant

That is wonderful news. I also was diagnosed with MDS four years ago. Today I had a second bone morrow biopsy with the results expected back in 5 to 10 days. I have some misgivings about chemo therapy treatments. But I do firmly believe our bodies can heal itself with other treatments. I do not exercise enough, of that I’m sure, I also don’t follow a healthy diet. I don’t punish myself by eating junk foods, alcohol, drugs, etc. I am encouraged by your fathers progress with a healthier diet and some exercise. I was very athletic as a young man but I tire very easily in my 85th year. I still consider myself fairly healthy despite the MDS. I had downloaded the regimen that other patient had entered, but it came out in very small print. I’ll get my magnifying glass and read it now. Your post was very encouraging. Thanks.

azalin
    Participant

Thank you for the feedback. I hope you get good results with your testing! I am learning and trying to educate myself on MDS and trying to understand others experiences and any ideas for the best quality of life as long as possible. I will keep you in my Prayers.

bobby pellegrini
    Participant

That is astonishing that in short time with nutrition numbers would increase that much.What consisted of your diet and can you provide links to couple sites you used? Are you taking any natural supplements?

azalin
    Participant

I researched most things out of my life science books as far as oils and supplements went. I gave more explanation in response to a different post of what we are doing as far as diet. I also based what we are doing from talking to physicians and nurses at my work constantly to understand the medical side of his health concerns. We are also battling liver concerns as well as MDS. So I am trying to encompass all medical concerns when choosing oils, supplements and diet.

Diane Lafontaine
    Participant

I was diagnosed with MDS in Sept 2017. At that time they told me that I had maybe a year. I started CBD oil the following week. I refused chemo. I saw an increase in all my blood work starting almost immediately. Now, 2 years later almost all my blood work is in the normal range! I do eat healthier and take oils and vitamins etc but the CBD oil is the one thing that has affected everything. Keep doing what you are doing as it is obviously working. best of luck.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

Register for an account, or login to post to our message boards. Click here.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Login

Login

Review answers to commonly asked questions or get answers to your questions from an MDS expert